Finally installing it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally installing it

Finally got around to installing a system for the rear locker. Pump mounted and hoses are ran. Only have to finalize the switch and add the quick disconnects for the bags. T’d off to use a bag on the rear seat that I ocassionally use depending on how many people are in the boat.

556ACB49-5013-4C92-A7A8-C178CAF4D795.jpg

Someone didn’t want me drilling a new hole in the bottom of the hull so using the existing drain port. But that complicated it just a bit as I still need that drain, so came up with a solid quick connect system with my manual valve for back up still in the event a hose leaks.

F24F688F-FA3F-4107-9545-7F62D9A51632.jpg

Good job on the setup!
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

I should have done this years ago. Going to be nice not having to open the locker and sitting there filling the bag especially on hot 100 def days

Comment

Cool. You will be stoked with that first fill and also disappointed with yourself for not doing it sooner.

What sacs are you using?
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Still running my straight line 350s (locker and rear seat), but going to swap the locker bag out to the 370 Fly High will fit in there a little better, that is soon as April 15th is out of the way. Then I keep 250# plates under the rear seat.

Comment

We did get the opportunity to rent a lake house this summer for a few months . Going to make for a fun summer

Comment

Little more progress, wiring done. Moved the radio switch next to my amp switch.

Attached Files
              Last edited by Ruger761; 04-05-2018, 12:40 PM. Reason: fixed pic rotation

Comment

Have you asked Mike about doing a custom sac? They’re really not much more for something basic like that.

Comment

I thought about it but wasn’t sure how much weight the fuel tank would hold on top of it.

Comment

Mike,

do you think the fuel tank would support more? (rough measurements are 73Lx21Wx11H)

Comment

Is it aluminum? Ive got a customer thats been running about 500 in their trunk for about 4 years. is on the false floor thats over the tank.
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yep it’s AL with a piece of 3/8” carpeted plywood over it. Sound good I’ll confirm the dimensions this weekend and email them to you. Thanks!

Comment

Snowed yesterday but went ahead got it all cleaned up so I’ll be ready to go, don’t mind the the messy shop.

B39AEB5C-15B6-447C-B87A-9088DA793977.jpg

Filled the seat bag with air to get my hose length cut right

DC76A670-1538-4178-8721-0474C6C3F9A4.jpg
                          5E9DBD50-6623-46F9-8173-904C5449AF18.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ruger761 View Post
                            Mike,

do you think the fuel tank would support more? (rough measurements are 73Lx21Wx11H)
                            That should get you right around 600lbs just in the trunk. Not bad. Interesting your false floor is 3/8”. Mine was 1/4”. I was running a similar (flyhigh) 350lb locker sac in mine. Never had a problem. I think with the distribution of the weight over the entire “floor”, it should be fine.

Comment

Used a little length up with the pump but should still get about 500 with the new bag. Can’t wait to try it out!

Comment

Working...
                              X