2016 RZX Surf Settings Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man sorry to hear....

Hope you get going soon. I know you have heard it a million times but sometimes lemons just get out the door. Boats that just turn into bastard childs. It should happen but I would imagine your dealer will make it right, with Tige, and make sure you are a happy customer for the long haul by whatever means necessary.
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Our neighborhood RZX is down for what looks like the second weekend in a row for multiple bag leaks. I think they are waiting for new bags. I think he is right around 180ish hours and a few of the bags have cracked and were leaking. That was puzzling for a while!

Electronics have been fine on that boat (as have actuators) knock on wood!
      Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Sub'd just bought a 17' R20 and starting my research! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
          Our neighborhood RZX is down for what looks like the second weekend in a row for multiple bag leaks. I think they are waiting for new bags. I think he is right around 180ish hours and a few of the bags have cracked and were leaking. That was puzzling for a while!

Electronics have been fine on that boat (as have actuators) knock on wood!
          Dakota make sure your buddy is getting orange flanged factory bags and not just duplicates ......
          Germaine Marine

Comment

update, got the boat back last weekend, along with the above they adjusted the stereo rca connections (left/right was reversed), replaced a fuse that blew in the auto ballast, and tightened up all the connections in the leaky ballast and re- routed the ballast lines for better operation. In addition, the entire taps 3 system has been replaced except the screen.

now i cant go faster than 10.6 with full ballast (have pnp 750s) and 2 total people in the boat. when i lower ballast to 80% even in the back i still have a pretty ugly regular wave. I can get by with going to 100% on all except rear starboard at 30% to clean up the regular wave. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by ski_antique View Post
              update, got the boat back last weekend, along with the above they adjusted the stereo rca connections (left/right was reversed), replaced a fuse that blew in the auto ballast, and tightened up all the connections in the leaky ballast and re- routed the ballast lines for better operation. In addition, the entire taps 3 system has been replaced except the screen.

now i cant go faster than 10.6 with full ballast (have pnp 750s) and 2 total people in the boat. when i lower ballast to 80% even in the back i still have a pretty ugly regular wave. I can get by with going to 100% on all except rear starboard at 30% to clean up the regular wave. Any suggestions?

Good grief you poor soul. Good luck getting dialed. You deserve a good wave!

Comment

Sounds like you are getting full weight and plate operation now...

What motor, what prop, what settings?
                Germaine Marine

Comment

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
                  Sounds like you are getting full weight and plate operation now...

What motor, what prop, what settings?
                  Raptor 440, 14.5 x 14.25. dealer is handing me a 15 x 12 to try before tige picks it up to send to the factory.

Comment

Ski, make sure you dealer gives you a 2419, that 14.5 shouldnt be on there. They might give you a 2315 and that might work as well, its just not nearly as aggressive down low..
                    Germaine Marine

Comment

Lead?

Originally posted by elevatedconcept View Post
                      Boat: 2016 RZX 3
                      Style- Surf, 360s and airs
                      Regular/Goofy- regular
                      front left- 100%
                      front right- 70%
                      rear left-100%
                      rear right- 100%
                      pnp?, yes, 500 lbs each side
                      people? 2-4
                      lead?, 400lbs a rear corner, 400 in bow
                      speed, 12- 12.5
                      taps 2 (3-4)
                      taps 3 (1/4)
                      Inclinometer on dash or on phone reading 9 degrees of bow rise with 5 degrees of list

Surf Style- Surf, 360s and airs
                      Regular/Goofy- goofy
                      front left- 70%
                      front right- 100%
                      rear left- 100%
                      rear right- 100%
                      people? 2-4
                      lead?, 400 in each corner, 400 in bow
                      speed, 12-12.5
                      taps 2 (3-4)
                      taps 3 (1/4)
                      Inclinometer on dash or on phone reading 9 degrees of bow rise with 6 degrees of list

Style- Surf, 360s and airs
                      Regular/Goofy- Transfer Wave
                      front left- 100%
                      front right- 100%
                      rear left- 100%
                      rear right- 100%
                      pnp?, yes 500 each side
                      people? 2-4
                      lead?,400 in each corner, 400lbs in bow
                      speed, 11.8-12.3
                      taps 2 (3-4)
                      taps 3 (1) (fully deployed) for both sides

Style- Skim
                      Regular/Goofy- regular/goofy
                      front left- 100%
                      front right- 100%
                      rear left- 100%
                      rear right- 100%
                      people? 2-4
                      lead?, 400lbs a rear corner, 400 in bow
                      speed, 12-12.5
                      taps 2 (2)
                      taps 3 (1)
                      Inclinometer on dash or on phone reading 6 degrees of bow rise with 5 degrees of list
                      Novice question. Lead? Do you just put 200lbs in the center up front on the seats or under somehow? Couldn't you replace the lead with a person up front?

Sawb1Z

Comment

I run the lead (Not lead anymore actually steel) under the seats...
                        Germaine Marine

Comment

update: switched to a 15" prop and the gas mileage improved and the wave smoothed, but the lip still wouldn't clean up until getting about 30% in the off side, which is basically listing the boat without using taps3, had trouble with the taps, dealer went and replaced almost the entire system....three weeks later, t3 issues came back- inconsistent operation, regular wave not cleaning up...not to mention the hard starting and gushing of water from the bilge when we pull the boat after a day of riding.

Comment

Sorry to hear of the struggles man! Hopefully the solution comes soon!

Comment

update: switched to a 15" prop and the gas mileage improved and the wave smoothed, but the lip still wouldn't clean up until getting about 30% in the off side, which is basically listing the boat without using taps3, had trouble with the taps, dealer went and replaced almost the entire system....three weeks later, t3 issues came back- inconsistent operation, regular wave not cleaning up...not to mention the hard starting and gushing of water from the bilge when we pull the boat after a day of riding.

Dude it sounds like you are taking water in the bilge via a hose on the motor. That could be causing 70% of all of your troubles........
                              Germaine Marine

Comment

Thanks guys. She should be picked up by now and on her way to the factory for a full dress down. i made sure and did a video of the most recent inconsistent taps 3 operation so they don't think i'm crazy when it gets there. will post when i get to a computer.

@elevated- maybe so, definitely multiple sources of water most likely, but no auto bilge is a problem!!! Also good call on the 15" prop- anything in the 14.25 variety cavitates which makes for terrible gas milage and a bumpy surf wave.

Last edited by ski_antique; 08-03-2017, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X