rear left- 90%
    rear right- 40%
    pnp?, yes, 750lbs each side
    people? 2-4
    lead?, 200lbs in bow
    speed, 11.7
    taps 2 -3
    taps 3 -6
    note: might be a little fast for beginners, clean with a long runway and great push

Surf Style- Surf, 360s and airs
    Regular/Goofy- goofy
    front left- 100%
    front right- 100%
    rear left- 47%
    rear right- 85%
    people? 2-4
    lead?, 200lbs in bow
    speed, 11.5
    taps 2 -4
    taps 3 -8

note: huge vert wave, may back off on the weight next time

Style- Surf, 360s and airs
    Regular/Goofy- Transfer Wave
    front left- 100%
    front right- 100%
    rear left- 55
    rear right- 45
    people? 2-4
    lead?, 200lbs in bow
    speed, 11.5-116
    taps 2 -4
    taps 3 -6 regular, 8 goofy

note: have one person move over during the transfer

Awesome recap! Clean on the transfer set up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Boat: 2016 RZX 3
      Regular/Goofy- regular
      front left- 100%
      front right- 70%
      rear left-100%
      rear right- 100%
      pnp?, yes, 500 lbs each side
      people? 2-4
      lead?, 400lbs a rear corner, 400 in bow
      speed, 12- 12.5
      taps 2 (3-4)
      taps 3 (1/4)
      Inclinometer on dash or on phone reading 9 degrees of bow rise with 5 degrees of list

Surf Style- Surf, 360s and airs
      Regular/Goofy- goofy
      front left- 70%
      front right- 100%
      rear left- 100%
      rear right- 100%
      people? 2-4
      lead?, 400 in each corner, 400 in bow
      speed, 12-12.5
      taps 2 (3-4)
      taps 3 (1/4)
      Inclinometer on dash or on phone reading 9 degrees of bow rise with 6 degrees of list

Regular/Goofy- Transfer Wave
      front left- 100%
      front right- 100%
      rear left- 100%
      rear right- 100%
      pnp?, yes 500 each side
      people? 2-4
      lead?,400 in each corner, 400lbs in bow
      speed, 11.8-12.3
      taps 2 (3-4)
      taps 3 (1) (fully deployed) for both sides

Style- Skim
      Regular/Goofy- regular/goofy
      front left- 100%
      front right- 100%
      rear left- 100%
      rear right- 100%
      people? 2-4
      lead?, 400lbs a rear corner, 400 in bow
      speed, 12-12.5
      taps 2 (2)
      taps 3 (1)
      Inclinometer on dash or on phone reading 6 degrees of bow rise with 5 degrees of list
      Germaine Marine
      "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

wowza. thats a lot of weight, and a lot of speed. Original prop? Does your crew sit on one side to clean up the transfer wave? My transfer wave lips out at the top a bit with out a crew bump right now. I've also noticed we can weight the off side more and not hurt the goofy wave as much as the regular.

Comment

drop the surf plate down to 1 and taps 2 down a notch and that lip should clear....
          Germaine Marine

Comment

i tried your settings with just two people and got a wad of garbage wave on the regular side. I'm thinking you must be putting all 4 people are on the surf side and you are making a huge right turn and your speedo is off. Sticking with my original setup...or sending my boat back to Tige!

Comment

Originally posted by ski_antique View Post
              i tried your settings with just two people and got a wad of garbage wave on the regular side. I'm thinking you must be putting all 4 people are on the surf side and you are making a huge right turn and your speedo is off. Sticking with my original setup...or sending my boat back to Tige!
              Ski, is your wave good with the settings you have above? Why send back? Everything else good? I'm looking to get a leftover 16 or jump to the 17 RZX2

Comment

Wow! Ask a question, get possibly the most thorough answer in the name of wakeboats, then insult the advice giver? LOL I don't get it? Elevated has dialed every Tige known to man, I would open a dialogue with him, not call him stupid/a liar in not so many words.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
                  Wow! Ask a question, get possibly the most thorough answer in the name of wakeboats, then insult the advice giver? LOL I don't get it? Elevated has dialed every Tige known to man, I would open a dialogue with him, not call him stupid/a liar in not so many words.

Some people lol.... Its ok.
                  Germaine Marine

Comment

Lots of variables... I know the boats I have been in (A lot) and what they do. The blueprint is nearly the same... I just spent a few hours with 18C dialing his Rzx2... Hes been in lots of different mfg comp surf boats and his boat is making the biggest wave he has ever seen.

Some boats have some wacky taps 3 issues that you need to cycle in and out of. For one..... at times the system with massive weight doesent like transferring... the boat needs to be at rest to reset the actuators. Its not a normal but it happens on a rare occasion.

Also, their is some end user adjustment needed pending who's in the boat and how the boat feels in the water, depth of lake etc....

Im sure you have it dialed though Ski.... So keep running what you are running no need to ask this dummy.
                    Last edited by Germaine Marine; 05-22-2017, 04:33 PM.
                    Germaine Marine

Comment

Regular

Jason .jpg

Goofy

Jen a long way back.jpg
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Germaine Marine; 05-22-2017, 04:48 PM.
                      Germaine Marine

Comment

@ elevated-This is nothing like what I'm getting with similar weight, especially on the regular side. I had to take about 50% out of the rear starboard bag to build the regular wave. I ended up with a bad double lip as well. Interesting that you make the point about the actuators. I think I may still have a taps 3 problem...especially since performance is crippled without listing on the regular side. I'm on a second set of actuators, the first pair were DOA.

Settings:

100% all the way around, incl 750s pnp full
                        200lbs in bow- lead
                        12.5mph
                        just 2 people in the boat, one driving, one in the back corner, wave side...
                        list 2, bow rise 3-4 degrees when under way
                        was able to get a wave to form on goofy side but with a bit of a lip, regular side just wash until i slowed down to 11.5 or so. tried a bunch of taps settings 1-5 t2, 1-8 t3, and still couldnt get a good regular wave until i let out about 50% from the port side.

Looking at the pics, elevated is driving pretty straight, and the cavitation from the taps3 is deep under the wave, whereas mine was coming off the transom, through the taps plate and on the surface of the lip. It might be 2ft longer than what i'm getting as well.

Will do some more testing and send pictures and updated settings this weekend

Comment

If someone isn't driving straight, the boat isn't even close to correctly set up. I would also submit that with a surf system boat if you aren't running full + more in the rear, you're a ways from dialed. Just be the sheer nature of how they work.

I know his to be true in my friends 2016 RZX, my MB F24 w/ GSA, and another friend's Mastercraft x30. We stuff as much weight into the a** and use bow weight to balance and/or make the task do-able for the motor.

I would say you have TAPS3 issues.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Originally posted by ski_antique View Post
                            @ elevated-This is nothing like what I'm getting with similar weight, especially on the regular side. I had to take about 50% out of the rear starboard bag to build the regular wave. I ended up with a bad double lip as well. Interesting that you make the point about the actuators. I think I may still have a taps 3 problem...especially since performance is crippled without listing on the regular side. I'm on a second set of actuators, the first pair were DOA.

Settings:

100% all the way around, incl 750s pnp full
                            200lbs in bow- lead
                            12.5mph
                            just 2 people in the boat, one driving, one in the back corner, wave side...
                            list 2, bow rise 3-4 degrees when under way
                            was able to get a wave to form on goofy side but with a bit of a lip, regular side just wash until i slowed down to 11.5 or so. tried a bunch of taps settings 1-5 t2, 1-8 t3, and still couldnt get a good regular wave until i let out about 50% from the port side.

Looking at the pics, elevated is driving pretty straight, and the cavitation from the taps3 is deep under the wave, whereas mine was coming off the transom, through the taps plate and on the surface of the lip. It might be 2ft longer than what i'm getting as well.

Will do some more testing and send pictures and updated settings this weekend

Pretty straight? I drive in a straight B line, when weighted correctly these boats will only build the best wave driving straight.....

Not at all pissed but maybe next time you might have talked about your boats history a little first? Maybe told us about the fact that your boat has had TAPS 3 actuator problems....... I had a hunch but still it could have helped me give you some other info early on.

I love to help, but at some point whether intentional or unintentional, disrespect makes me tune out and say figure it out on your own which I am sure you will regardless. Im sure that wasnt your intention.

Back to your boat.

The wave above wasnt even off an rzx it was off its cute little sister the z3... but its what I had handy on the computer. Your boat is roughly an extra 3k lbs heavier... but the settings minus ballast I gave you are the same across the board in every boat I have been in roughly from r22 to rzx2

First things first, have the dealer put the boat into dealer mode and cycle the tabs on the trailer, I would also double check the values and make sure that your taps 3 system is set to RZX and not something else. The system is based on numerical valued assignments for movement. If its set to the wrong boat by mistake then the movements could be wrong.

Also, are you sure the boat is holding water in all bags and tanks? do you run for 10 min and check the bags? Are they exactly full? Are you filling off timers or until you hear water puke out the overflow? All intro questions so I dont mean to insult but important none the less.

That boat with the setting I gave you will make the wave in the pictures above look like child's play. And thats from me being on multiple Rzx 3's and 2's.

Stay patient their is something that is wacky that you will get figured out....

That speed will not net a killer wave unless the rest of the settings are correct. With the convex V bottom, that boat needs to be set up correctly before the boat really starts to draw down into the water. Once correct the faster you go (Up to roughly 12-12.5) the deeper the hull will draw into the water. Its drastic and noticeable..... Again though a lot of variables, depth etc will all make that unattainable with adjustments necessary. Slower in shallower water etc for example.
                            Last edited by Germaine Marine; 05-22-2017, 09:50 PM.
                            Germaine Marine

Comment

Based on what you said... Your running attitude is way wrong............. I mean way wrong.

So for me its three things.....
                              -Either your tanks arent full,
                              -Your bags arent 750s
                              or your taps settings are way wrong.

I listed running attitude information because I think its most important... (Look at wake touch or ID Boatings info) why Tige got rid of it is insane.

Under way the boat on either riding side should be at 4-6 degrees of list via taps 3.

Under way the boat has to be at least 6-7 degrees of bow wise or more.

Check the plate movement and software and if correct check the how the boat is holding water. IF* all that checks out, then drop your bow weight to 50% even across the board and get back to us.
                              Germaine Marine

Comment

Working...
                              X