Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple questions, With a simple answer (i hope)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chpthril what would be the cost for a bow sac for tige 24ve and inebriated reversible pump and plumbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Integrated*

Comment

Originally posted by Slingshotalbaugh View Post
        Integrated*

PM sent
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

"Inebriated" was SO much more entertaining! I was very interested to read ChpThril's answer....

Comment

Originally posted by IDBoating View Post
            "Inebriated" was SO much more entertaining! I was very interested to read ChpThril's answer....
            the response was inebriated so thats why i sent it an a PM
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

You should post pictures along the way. We all like to see the hole you have drilled in the bottom of you hull before you place the fitting.

Be sure to let the sealant set up completely before you add the valve or pumps on top. It takes a few days to cure. And I mean a few days, or it will spin compromising the seal.

My manifold was extensive so I supported it so it would not flex and break.
              Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Will do its been raining all weekend so didn't get out there to do any work. I will take as many photos as I can and post them up.

My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
                  Will do its been raining all weekend so didn't get out there to do any work. I will take as many photos as I can and post them up.

Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Well I am almost done, have 1 more hose to run then start the wiring. Have a few spots to choose from where to mount the switches...suggestions.

My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Simple questions, With a simple answer (i hope)

Nice work! I am a little worried you might get air trapped in the t with the 90 degree turn down. Just need an upward path for the air to get past the pumps and let the pumps flood with water. Can you screw the pumps directly into the T?

Edit: I am not ballast expert so wait for a ballast guru to weigh in before changing

Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Looking great! In my opinion I wouldn't put the switches to the left of the steering wheel. I think if you put them there, there would be the risk of constantly hitting them with your knee getting in/out of the helm. A few years ago we rented a boat which had them there and found we were constantly turning switches on and off by accident, and sometimes we didn't notice right away. I'm in the same situation as you (deciding where to install the switches) and I think I'm either going to try and fit them by the speed set, or put them on the vinyl panel in front of the throttle to keep them out of the way.

I like how you installed the pumps, but do you know if there will be any priming issues with them being upside down like that? I always thought the output has to be pointing upwards a bit to get rid of air. If there isn't going to be any problems with having them upside down I may have to copy your idea.

Edit: Stingreye beat me to it

Comment

Also x2 on switches to the right. On my 2004 the factory installed perfect pass and ballast switches were side by side to the right side of the steering wheel.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, no worries on air in the system the T and the pumps are all under the water line.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, no worries on air in the system the T and the pumps are all under the water line.
                              The key is to make sure the path for water (and air!) is monotonically increasing in height from the inside of the hull to the pump outlet. If the path goes up, then down a bit, then up again, you'll create a "trap". The aerator pumps (from the photo) that you're using are not self priming, so they will not suck an air bubble through.

That's why I'm worried about that T-manifold you have in the photo. Imagine you're backing the boat into the lake. Those pipes and the pumps are full of air. As the hull enters the water (or you eventually open the valve), water will want to flow up through the valve and into the T. But then you're asking the water to push the air DOWN into the pump bodies... the pump outlets are lower than their inlets... and a bubble is almost certain to get trapped in there.

In short, I'm very concerned about the upside-down mounted pumps. Think like an air bubble - there needs to be a way for air to flow up, up, up from the outside of the hull, through the plumbing, and through the pump.

Maybe I'm viewing your pump installation wrong...?

Comment

ID is right, upside down is going to trap air and not prime. With the complete u turn that's not going to be good... I think your going to have to screw directly into those t's or something similar AND then have the outlet from pump pointed up.

Comment

Working...
                                X