No announcement yet.

2001 2100v Ballast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dpickett sounds like we have a very similar timeline with our Tiges! Hope you're having fun out there.

My boat is weighted almost identically. My biggest improvements came from 2 changes:
    -backing off the TAPS to around 5 or 6
    -Getting the wakeshaper lower on the boat into the stepdown. That's a bummer it's slipping off, that's where you want it. Maybe try messing with the suction cups while it's on the lift and you can see it easier?

The wave height will go down but it pushes the sweet spot a bit further back from the swim platform and you get a lot more real estate to surf with. We seem to surf best around 11 mph. Our perfect pass is broken so our speed varies some too but it's not a deal breaker. We've been using a speedometer app on a cell phone to monitor the speed and make small adjustments on the throttle.

I'm after more push now. I think I can get this by maxing out the bags and/or maybe introducing some list. Although most of the time I've got at least 1 or 2 lefties on board and it’s a pain to adjust the ballast with the throw over pump. I do get a bit nervous to really slam it out because the boat seems to struggle to get up to speed when fully weighted, wondering if I should look at a new prop?

I'm working on a YouTube video that shows my surf setup, I'll leave a link here when it's complete.

Comment

Got a DD, but I run somewhere like 2400lbs (lead, ballast, ppl, and coolers), taps on 4 +/- 1 and a little faster for a better wave. we list the boat toward the surfer's side, even with the shaper and that helps. The shaper right above the spray pocket is where a lot of people have had success with it, pump the suction cups a few times to get them to stick well. If it keeps falling off I run mine below the Tige logo because it's 100% submerged and as far back as I can go that low (I got a homemade one w/ fat cups).

Comment

Thanks for the info! WakeWes, what kind of wakeshaper are you using? I'm going to keep trying to get mine to stay on in the spray pocket. I may also try adding some list. I figured this winter I'd install pumps and put in a v shaped bag for the bow. That would let me use the 650lb long one I have in the bow now on the rider side to add some list. I've been a little nervous to add a lot more weight because it already rides so low with the weight I have and my wife keeps getting water over the bow when she turns around when I fall. I'm riding in brackish water, so not great to get in the bilge and splash around on the engine.

Comment

I have the old nauticurl with the 2 big suction cups. I've never had an issue with it slipping as long as I get a good suction when I put it on. Mine is kinda hard to close the lever down if I've got it right.

Here's a video I put together of how I setup our boat. Thanks again to everyone on here who helped me get this far.

Last edited by WakeWes; 10-11-2020, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X