No announcement yet.

2001 2100v Ballast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of you have problems with the deck dragging holding you from speed from to much ballast?

Comment

Originally posted by AJMichael View Post
      Any of you have problems with the deck dragging holding you from speed from to much ballast?
      No. On my 23V and Gumby's 21V when loaded down the deck is 12" underwater at idle. no issues.

More likely a prop issue.

Comment

Hmm, engine is running good, new trans and 911 prop but was stuck at 10, boat would not pull speed.

Comment

Wonder if it’s to do with size of my boat and location of weight in front.

Comment

Hmm, engine is running good, new trans and 911 prop but was stuck at 10, boat would not pull speed.
            A 911 should have plenty of pull i'd think that's a very low pitch.

I'd wager on weight distribution, not enough weight in the front.
            If the bow is too high the prop is making too much upward force and not enough forward force and you end up just plowing along.
            Next time it does that send people to the front and see what happens.

Comment

Will do, thank you.

Comment

For a direct drive, or a V-drive with a black 1:1 ratio unit, a 3 blade would the most ideal prop, and the 911 is a stump puller.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Nah, just muscle memory. Its where my brain goes when talking props on boats this generation. Seen WAY to many use the suggestions from that other place, only to be the wrong prop for this very reason.
                  Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It’s a 20V with Velvit 1:1 and Walter V.

Comment

Using the bow walkway as a placeholder for my front ballast bag at the moment.

Comment

I'd say you need more front weight. I get the same issue sometimes. Mostly use the variable ballast (people) for front weight and if they move to the back I have to shuffle ppl around or move lead bags up front to plane out and actually go above 12ish.

Comment

It’s a 20V with Velvit 1:1 and Walter V.
                          What color is the Walter? Blue ones are 1.5:1 and black ones are 1:1

Comment

Originally posted by SONIC View Post

What color is the Walter? Blue ones are 1.5:1 and black ones are 1:1
                            Yep, Borg Warner trans is 1:1 but Tige used both Walter v-drives.

Comment

Black, my boat is 1:1

Comment

I'd love to get some advice on this same topic. I bought a 2000 21V this spring and have been working on getting a wave that I can consistently surf with no rope. Not there yet.

Currently, I have a 750lb fat sac on each side of the engine and a 650 in the walkway in the bow. I usually only have my wife driving and one kid in the boat. I'm using a Wakesurf Edge shaper and surfing on the regular side. I put the wake shaper all the way back towards the transom and just above the spray pocket. I got the Wakesurf Edge with the narrower suctions, so it can fit in the spray pocket, but for some reason when I put it there it slides off the back of the boat. I'm 5'9" and 150 lbs.

I get the best wave with the taps at 9 and speed at 8.8. I know that is slower than what everyone else recommends, but the wave really flattens out above 9 mph. The wave is great and I can surf with no rope when the boat is right around 8.5 - 8.8, but as it slows below 8.5 the wave washes out and as it speeds up over 9 it flattens out. I have Perfect Pass engaged, but the speed still varies from about 8.3 - 9.3 when set at 8.8.

Any suggestions on getting a more consistent wave?

I'm just using an over the side pump right now, but would like to plumb everything in (and get a v shaped bag for the front) this winter, but want to get the wave dialed in before spending the money on a more permanent set up. I'm hoping to avoid lead in my permanent set up because I store my boat on an older Basta lift rated at 4,000 lbs, so I'd like to be able to pump all the weight out before lifting it.

Comment

Working...
                                X