No announcement yet.

RSeries tower inserts for Alpha M2 tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! I am happy with how they turned out. Not sure how to go about lights. 18cracing do the E tower blade lights have plexiglass underneath? If I was to add leds I think I'd need to built a insert for the interior side of the tower as well to create a void to place led strips.
    The bolts screw into the tower where I drilled holes and tapped them. My cardboard templates were solid with no tabs, I didn't like the looks of them they were too plain looking. So I added the tabs to give it more design look and look simular to the E2 tower.

Comment

Originally posted by 18c racing View Post
      Let me know I can cut em custom with any design you would like. There pretty sweet when there all done and installed
      18cI'm interested in inserts, and possibly leds on my new '18 R23 M2 tower (have pre wired)... thoughts

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
        Maybe he will "shed some light" on it.
        ^I see what you did there!

Sublimer-the inserts came out great!

Comment

Sublimer23, I wonder if your 250-325 price jumps up when the tariffs from the Twitter king go into effect.

Comment

Definitely interested but Leary of drilling and tapping the tower. Any other mount options you can think of?

Comment

I take it these won't work on the first iteration of the R series tower? Is that tower an "M1" tower then? If do work I would definitely interested....

_20170909_110828.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by smoothtoup View Post
                Definitely interested but Leary of drilling and tapping the tower. Any other mount options you can think of?
                A guy could weld tabs to the frame and drill and tap those. There's always Rivnuts as well but still means a hole in the tower itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Sublimer23 View Post
                  I just got prices from my machine shop. Pricing looking like it would be $250-$325 plus shipping and depending on options. aluminum vs steel, powdercoated vs not, different powder coating options etc. I just picked up my pair this morning. I will post pictures of them installed tonight.
                  Looks pretty sweet. I'll be getting my R22 in 3 weeks and may be interested in this. How much for a pair of the aluminum, powder coated (same color as yours)?

Comment

Try a bunch of those earth magnets between the tower and the blade. But really its not a big deal to drill and tap or just run a sheet metal screw.

Comment

The pattern I have for the M2 I don't believe will fit

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                        Try a bunch of those earth magnets between the tower and the blade. But really its not a big deal to drill and tap or just run a sheet metal screw.
                        Hmm, sheet metal screw is a great idea. (For those of us without a tap set).

Don't suppose the powdercoater could do the Tige Purple?

Comment

There are purple options available however doubtful they'd match the gel coat metal flake. Maybe a white, grey or black would look best on that boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Sublimer23 View Post
                            [ATTACH]47629[/ATTACH]
                            Looks great!

Comment

How much for a set of white ones shipped to 30041?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

How much for a set of white ones shipped to 30041?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                                The OP hasn't been checking in much. He a customer of ours though. Will shoot him a text.

Comment

Working...
                                X