new surf board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evil0ne View Post
    You sound a lot like me. I have a trainer at the gym that must read his information from a computer screen because he thinks he can get me down to 190. I haven't been under 200 in more then a decade. When I was in high school I weighed 218 with 11% body fat so I'm not sure how he thinks 190 is going to happen.
    I'm 6'3" 205lbs now, I'd like to get down to about 190 ish.

I spent my 20's at 176lbs and 6% body fat...almost never fluctuated

Married life, kids, sendimentary job, have all caught up to me.

But I was a fat kid And I did like cake! a lot!!!
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

heavy weights. lol. but yah thats the approach that i've been trying. there is no reason that every little bit of storage needs to be used. and if it is full most of it is junk. she is worried about putting her water ski (that she rides maybe twice a year now) somewhere. and its not like the sacks will be full all of the time either. she has the impression that they will always be full and in the way. and in are old boat there was always way to much crap that had no use and just took up space. and the new lockers are huge. with the sacks full you could still put so much in them. we'll get through to her though

Comment

Originally posted by wannabewakeboarder View Post
        I don't get it Dog....
        Click here
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by laketime View Post
          the only prob we have about weighting the new boat is my mom. she is so concerned about having all the storage in the world. any time i bring up putting sacks in the lockers she freaks. there is so much space in those lockers, and the sacks arent full all of the time, and even with them full there is more than enough space for anything she wants to put in there. how can we convince her???!!
          Just tell her you're reserving space for her stuff, otherwise other stuff has a tendency to fill the space.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

[QUOTE=NICKYPOO;51259Oh yeah, get yourself a wakesurf rope. They are worth it. The driver needs to remember how short that rope is when bringing it around to the rider. Safety first. Allways.[/QUOTE]

This is the best advice you can get. There's a bunch of pictures over on WSR on rope injuries while wakesurfing.

Whatever you do, do not use a regular wakeboard or ski rope handle...not unless you want to lose a limb.

You can recycle an old wakeboard handle (the ones with the braided ends work the best) by cutting the actual handle from the rope. There's a few posts on here that show some pictures, including the one I made.

Comment

dont worry we got a rope to. do you have a link to those wake rope injuries??

Comment

Here's one and another and another.

There's more, but you'll have to search yourself

Comment

Who needs ballast

We surfed all last summer behind a 24Ve with no ballast. Sometimes with just a few people in the boat. Piece of cake.
                  Farmer John
                  2006 24Ve

Comment

Originally posted by farmerjd View Post
                    We surfed all last summer behind a 24Ve with no ballast. Sometimes with just a few people in the boat. Piece of cake.
                    Really. How high is the wake? Knee high, thigh high? What speed? What board?
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                      Really. How high is the wake? Knee high, thigh high? What speed? What board?
                      knee to thigh high (reach over and down a bit to touch the wave). Right at 10 mph was the sweet spot. Sometimes did a slow turn but not necessary. CWB Tsunami. Lot of riders from 100 to 220 lbs or more.
                      Farmer John
                      2006 24Ve

Comment

so when we bought the boat they through in some pro shop credit. with it we got an obrien alias. we've never surfed before but im way stoked to try it. but does anyone have this board. what do you think about it
                        Wow, no one answered your ??? about the board. The Alias is the only one listed in Ahaney's Mead Reunion Group Buy and i would also like to know what someone thinks about it before I get one

Bueller......Bueller........
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                          Wow, no one answered your ??? about the board. The Alias is the only one listed in Ahaney's Mead Reunion Group Buy and i would also like to know what someone thinks about it before I get one

Bueller......Bueller........
                          I'm interested in the O'brien Alias Twin Tip, too. Likely the 5'0" version so that everyone in the boat can ride it, including the 200 lb plus crowd. Anyone ridden one of these/have any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by T* View Post
                            I'm interested in the O'brien Alias Twin Tip, too. Likely the 5'0" version so that everyone in the boat can ride it, including the 200 lb plus crowd. Anyone ridden one of these/have any thoughts?
                            Wow dug out an old post, but I had one of these a few years back.If I remember right it was more of a skim style single fin board. Probably not the best for newbies. If like you this kind of board I think I would try the HyperLite Broadcast 5'6" It has center fin config or side fin config much better for newbies and bigger size for 200lbs ers.

Comment

ha ha you guys luagh now but just wait till im 40 and weigh 160 and im still trim and cut like my old man. he aint packin no gut, and looks like he's 30.

the only prob we have about weighting the new boat is my mom. she is so concerned about having all the storage in the world. any time i bring up putting sacks in the lockers she freaks. there is so much space in those lockers, and the sacks arent full all of the time, and even with them full there is more than enough space for anything she wants to put in there. how can we convince her???!!
                              hey packin a gut can be ok sometimes!!! i dont look a day over 30 do I?

Comment

Working...
                              X