No announcement yet.

2007 22VE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port side swimdeck is about 3" or so under water when sitting still.

Comment

^^the rub rail at the back corner of my boat is touching the water when sitting still.

You need a lot more weight regardless. A combination of larger ballast bags and lead will get you there. The VE can make a great wave when weighted right.

Comment

I guess im ordering another 800# bag tonight then when i get home to get to a total of 2,600#.

Comment

I'd recommend the 1200lbs sac from Mike @ Mike's Liquid Audio....he posted earlier in this thread. That's what I'm running on my port side. Goes in the back locker and under the seat as it's L shaped. Other option is to remove the hard tanks in the floor and put a single larger bag. Mike may have some other options for you as well and can set you up with everything you may need.
          Attached Files

Comment

I dont have factory ballast in this boat. Everything is having to be aftermarket.

Comment

I’ve been buying these straightline bags off Thehouse.com they seem to be durable and relatively cheap. I’ll have 2,600# for less than $350.

Comment

Where are you mounting the wakeshaper? If it is too deep in the water or too high, it is ineffective. Also, if you put it too far forward it changes the shape of the wave. I have a 2007 20v (different boat I know), weight the backs even w/650s, a 325 under the port side bench and 100# lead in the cooler under the observer seat. Sometimes I add 150# lead to the front port side. With this set up I put the wake shaper so it is about 3/4 under water when standing still.

This is the “as flat as I can make the wave for my 10 year old” wave. Taps at 0, speed at 11. We surf with taps at 4, speed at 10.8. But, the location of the shaper makes the wave, too far forward it stinks, too high and it stinks, etc.

IMG_5019.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wakeshaper is as far back as it can go on the bottom tier. That puts it just below the water line.

Comment

Shaper goes here on the flat spot. I personally put it where shown being about 18" from the rear and angled down. I like it forward slightly so the spray shoots straight back and not across over to the surf side. Others have said as far back as possible. That you would have to test for yourself. Regardless is goes on the flat portion.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
                      09 VE - Surfing regular

Put that rub rail in the water.
                      I just want to know, of those who do this, is that ever a problem? how close are you to actually getting that thing in the water?

Comment

When rack and loaded up it is in the water. No problems except all the questions coming at us. Are you ok or need help? No we are surfing as they ride away and must say those guys are sinking... ha ha ha.
                        Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Do any of you guys recommend wake shapers for a 22v? I have an 05 and am deciding between a DIY route or buying something. If all wake shapers are basically the same, I'll try to save money and build myself. However, if there's an advantage to buying one I would be willing.

Bought two 1300 rear locker sacs from Mike and have a 425 fly high bow sac. Just want to be able to surf ropeless on the port side mostly.

Comment

Listed over, that setup will get you surfing. If not, its the board or technique. Weighted more evenly, a side mounted surfer is the way to go. I offer the Fly High and Roswell wake devises.
                            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

You mostly need weight in the back corner. That boat is sensitive to forward weight. These boats do better listed. When you add the shaper start adding ballast to the off surf side till you feel the wave is what you like. Start listed heavy to the back surf corner then add off ballast. The other thing is move people around and look at your wave and adjust ballast accordingly to the noted shifts. One or two guys walking up front will show the response.
                              Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Working...
                              X