• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sandm View Post
    never spent any time on an fae boat..
    Huh?
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Nice looking wakes! I’m jealous because I’ve never ridden a good 22Ve wake. My buddy has an ‘06 and it’s never been set correctly. He still has the two 400#s plumbed into the same hoakey ‘06 system. The boat has spent the vast majority of its life idling around the west shore of Tahoe.

Comment

I’ve never ridden a good 22Ve wake
        Huh?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          Huh?
          For real. It’s the only one I’ve ever been behind. One 400. That’s it. Stock platform. It does have an FAE at least.

Comment

Acme 1235 and FAE with TAPS plate mounts for me as well. I’ve got the Marine Power 340 in my boat.
            392B4DCB-D426-4805-961E-72B2B15980C6.jpg

Comment

The boat has spent the vast majority of its life idling around the west shore of Tahoe. [/QUOTE]

Lol. Rum runners at camp Rich much??

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                The boat has spent the vast majority of its life idling around the west shore of Tahoe.
                Lol. Rum runners at camp Rich much??[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the right plan. start with rum runners, then head over and get some wet woodys. Only reason to even hit tahoe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Nope, mostly Cambers Punches.

Comment

2008 22ve, rear lockers each have 1100lb and front 750. Using Mission Delta shaper (you need to use a shaper) with fin set to the rear position just below the tige decals and 1235 prop (noticeable improvement over the 537). Taps 4 speedset 12mph which generally gives a speed around 11.6 to 11.8 ish. Our girls ride ride on opposite sides so we don't adjust the rear ballast to save time (currently a manual process) and just switch the delta to opposite side and wave works well. Great boat, have fun.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Comment

So this weekend i ran with 1,100# in rear surf side, 250# off surf side and 350# in bow TAPs set at 2-3 and 10.5 mph. This boat doesn't have the factory ballast system. Boat has 537 prop and i used my homemade shaper. Loaded with people to the max. The wake was almost surf able or let me say no one could stay in it without the rope that maybe do to lack of experience. We are obviously beginners so don't need this supper crazy good wave just something to surf on

Comment

10.5 mph is too slow IMO. For port side dump at least half of that bow weight. Port doesn't like as much bow weight as starboard side does unless riding very heavy. Even then I probably only have half my bow sac full.

I run 11.4 mph and Taps are usually around 3-4 - suckgate and listed.
                        1700lbs port side, 350lbs starboard side, bow about half, 3 adults & 4 kids

As I've said in another post. Surfing is based on 3 factors; Wave, Board, and Skill. Skill makes up for the absence of the first two if you know what you are doing.
                        Attached Files

Comment

So this weekend i ran with 1,100# in rear surf side, 250#
                          Not nearly enough on the off side using a shaper of some type. You need to be closer to even. At least 75% IMO. Ad more to the offside, then speed up to about 10.8.
                          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

29C9E26B-1BBE-41E5-B7CC-720B6A5FDB7B.jpg

Comment

Your boat looks like it's dead flat. It should be listed right over to damn near the rub rail on the surf side.

Comment

I’m with bc rider if port side I run mla bag full 1200 all factory full 900 total and put a 400 on port side rear seat and then run about 500 non surfside. Taps between 2-4 and never under 11 mph. Even for the kids I’m 11 unless a newb will go 10.8. So not never I guess. Ha. But I run full ballast upfront and add a kid or 2 or an adult. Wave is pretty good for an older hull. 11.4 seems about the sweet spot if u can pump.

Comment

Working...
                                X