2007 22VE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2007 22VE

Anyone surfing behind a 2007 22 VE it doesnt have any factory ballast. I currently put in 1,100# of sacks but just doesnt throw a big enough wake in my option. Now i will say this is my 1st surf/wake boat so i'm new to the game. How much more weight should i get. I have read enough to know general rule of thumb is 60/40 on the weight. Any suggestions?

Running listed or using a surf device? Hows that 1100 distributed? Speed and TAPS
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Running listed or using a surf device? Hows that 1100 distributed? Speed and TAPS
      No surf Device. The distribution is great but 150 bow, 950 rear (300 of the 950 on surf side) + loaded with people strategically placed. TAPS @ 7, 11MPH.

Comment

(300 of the 950 on surf side)
        Typo maybe? You should the majority of the weight on the surf side, not the off side.

Honestly, id run no ballast on the non surf side, ALL you can get on the surf side. Lower the TAPS to 3-4.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

more weight. we ran 400 in the nose, 1400 surf side courtesy of chp and taps at 3 or 4 speed 11.6. wave was money.
          2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
          2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

No typo just me not knowing what too do. Thanks for the help.

Comment

I’ve got the same boat and ran it listed the first season i had it then I plumbed in automated ballast system.
              If you’re listing it run all the rear weight on the surf side and bow. 60/40 split is good starting point. Load all your people to the surf side preferably towards the back surfside corner.
              I was running 1000 surfside and 550-600 in the bow when I was listing. I use a wake shaper of my own making now and fill the surfside 100%, offside rear about 75% and bow full. Still try to seat people to favor the surfside as much as possible.

EA3A9748-32BE-4EB3-9925-06E2665B287E.jpg

I make and sell these if you’re interested in one, the are built solid, float, and work awesome.

A0C351E8-CBAF-478A-B2C5-64188B9AF1E1.jpg

Comment

What are you charging for your wedges?

Comment

They are $135 picked up in Denver, or $150 shipped anywhere in the lower 48. $145 if you’re in CO.

Comment

09 VE - Surfing regular

With DIY Shaper like above. I personally believe the VE's run way better with list than running flat. Put that rub rail in the water.

11.4 mph Taps 3-4 -usually 2-3 passengers

Port Side:
                    Mike's 1200lbs sac
                    250 hard tank
                    300lbs lead

Starboard side:
                    Approx 500lbs

Bow:
                    Approx half full.

Starboard side gets a cleaner wave and likes more bow weight than regular.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Just curious are you guys running an ACME 1235 prop also?

Comment

I had the 1235 on my 22ve and loved it. second boat with same prop.
                        2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                        2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Yes to the 1235

Comment

Also yes to 1235. 537 will cavitate quite a lot with that much weight especially once the water starts getting a little choppier. Still happens a bit with a 1235 but no near as much.

Fresh Air Exhaust (FAE) for the win as well.

Comment

never spent any time on an fae boat but will say the powertrain in the 22ve with the pcmex343 is MUCH quieter than the powertrain in our current z3.
                              2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                              2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Working...
                              X