Noob question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noob question

Can someone quickly tell me how the avx and taps 2 adjusts the wave? I just want to know what to look for. 2015 rz2

My set up. 100% rear surf side. If you don't have the extra large ballast pro bag find a couple fat friends to sit rear surf side. 75 to 100% bow. If I have a lot of people in the boat I put less in the bow. Taps 4 and 10.8 mph. Minimum 12' of water.

Your timers may be off on the screen. Check to make sure it is really full with no air in the rear locker. if fill until it leaks out the air vent.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

The lower you run the AVX (1 on the screen) the longer smoother wave you will get - skimmer wave. Running the AVX higher will give you a bigger/steeper wave - more for surf/airs. I run mine at "0" for the my wife and kids and 2 for myself.

I run the taps plate at a similar location as the AVX - helps to clean up the wave when you are not listed heavily.

I fill the front and surf side 100% and fill the offside bag as much as possible while still keeping the wave clean.

Comment

Has nobody with an AVX tried a shaper and even weight/slightly listed?? This is something I've been curious about for awhile

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
          Has nobody with an AVX tried a shaper and even weight/slightly listed?? This is something I've been curious about for awhile
          I haven't heard of anyone with AVX trying it - just the VX. I run mine with just a slight list on the regular side - 4 to 5 degrees.

PM me if you really would like to see the difference - I don't mind doing some testing for you. In my opinion of course, I don't believe it could give any major advantages that I already have - unless I go complete even weight.

Comment

I used a Nauticurl on my 15 Z3 with AVX and had great results.

Comment

We tried the nauticurl today on a 15 Z3 with AVX.

We had a big wave on the regular side but it had a nasty slash through it from the swim platform. Push was more than normal though.

We could not get get results on the goofy side. Wave would not clean up and to get it to clean up made it tiny.

We are running MLA’s larger custom bags and an 500lbs of lead. Any suggestions on the placement and goofy side would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                I found the wave unsatisfactory with even weight or slight list using a Mission Delta and AVX combo. The AVX extrension seems to cancel out the wake shaper effects others have had good results with on non-AVX hulls. However, I think it does allow more bow weight with lighter crew and better volume to the wave than AVX without. This is running listed. I would argue the effects are more pronounced on standard (rather than goofy) waves, but you have to tune a bit more to remove froth and get a solid lip edge.

If I’m running a bunch of people in the boat I’ll likely not use a shaper. A light crew, I use it a lot.

Comment

My 15 Z3 has surf XL and 200 lead in each corner. We would run 100/80 rear and 100/70 in the front and get a great wave on both sides with a Nauticurl. Running at 11-11.5. Absolutely have more push on the goofy side versus listed. I don't think that the AVX provides as much wave tuning when you run that much weight though.

Comment

Originally posted by BJM View Post
                    We tried the nauticurl today on a 15 Z3 with AVX.

We had a big wave on the regular side but it had a nasty slash through it from the swim platform. Push was more than normal though.

We could not get get results on the goofy side. Wave would not clean up and to get it to clean up made it tiny.

We are running MLA’s larger custom bags and an 500lbs of lead. Any suggestions on the placement and goofy side would be greatly appreciated.
                    I run the same setup as you with just a little more lead. I also DO NOT like the cut in the wave - just can't handle it....

My goofy side is always a bit harder to clean up. What AVX setting on the goofy? Without the suckgate is your goofy wave nice and clean?

Comment

Originally posted by JCP View Post
                      My 15 Z3 has surf XL and 200 lead in each corner. We would run 100/80 rear and 100/70 in the front and get a great wave on both sides with a Nauticurl. Running at 11-11.5. Absolutely have more push on the goofy side versus listed. I don't think that the AVX provides as much wave tuning when you run that much weight though.
                      I'm a bit confused on this - your tag says TAPS3 but you mention the AVX....did you just change it over to the TAPS3? And are you running a suckgate with TAPS3?

If so, I would love to see some before and after pics of that wave...!
                      Last edited by jslayde1; 06-26-2018, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Recent Taps 3 conversion. Still trying to get it dialed but so far the wave was better with the AVX.

Comment

Originally posted by JCP View Post
                          Recent Taps 3 conversion. Still trying to get it dialed but so far the wave was better with the AVX.
                          Got it! I'm sure you will get it dialed soon - when you do please post some pics! I am very curious about this....want to see the difference on the same boat!!

Comment

Jslayde1

The regular side is always super clean no matter what the AVX or taps2 are set at. Our goofy side is always more sensitive to where people sit in the boat and number of people in the boat.

Last few time out we have been running AVX at 3 and taps2 anywhere from 6 to 8 depending on how steep you want the face. I only fill the surf side in the rear and both fronts full. 250lbs of lead is on the non surf side. Speed is 11.2mph.

I feel this combo gives the most push in the back of the wave. This keeps it the cleanest no matter where people sit.

Comment

@BJM - is that with the suckgate or not? I run about the same on goofy - definitely have to lean it over on that side. I am curios if the suckgate would help on that side...

Comment

Working...
                              X