RZR and Mission Delta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZR and Mission Delta

Anybody have any knowledge of how well a Mission Delta fits a RZR hull. I tried another brand, and could not find good mounting location. Is that a common problem with the RZR hull? Thanks in advance.

For me it was great when I got it to stick but eventually gave up and ran listed. This was with a homemade version that works on every other boat. The curvature of the hull doesn’t allow the suction cups to stick.

After many attempts, we gave up on trying stuff and just bought taps 3.

Comment

No experience with the Delta however we run a Nauticurl on our R20 2015 Raptor factory prop, factory 900lb hard tank and plus 2 x 550lb plumbed plug and play port and starboard lockers. The Nauticurl (we think) is amazing. It does take a little bit of time to attach due to the lip of the hull but I can say it 100% fits with both cups sticking and 100% works regular and goofy. With taps around 3 running at about 10.4 - 10.6mph I get a good push a decent distance from the boat and I am 6'4, 270 pounds and ride a Hyperlite Shim. Also our set up by no means runs the weight others run on this board in their R20 / RZR but at this stage we don't feel we need it as the wave is great (and it is a 20 footer after all).

Comment

We also just bought a naughticurl and used it exclusively last summer on our R20. Like DCR said it can be a pain sometimes to attach but there is a small spot where it will suck. The wave is better than listed for sure

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Brian. Took me a while to get out but here is the R20 with Nauticurl and factory surf ballast. For reference I am 6'4 1/2 and 275 pounds. Also was first ride of the day and had not messed around with the taps and speed to clean up the wave and there was still plenty of push a good ways back.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Comment

Thanks, I’ll look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by DCR20 View Post
                No experience with the Delta however we run a Nauticurl on our R20 2015 Raptor factory prop, factory 900lb hard tank and plus 2 x 550lb plumbed plug and play port and starboard lockers. The Nauticurl (we think) is amazing. It does take a little bit of time to attach due to the lip of the hull but I can say it 100% fits with both cups sticking and 100% works regular and goofy. With taps around 3 running at about 10.4 - 10.6mph I get a good push a decent distance from the boat and I am 6'4, 270 pounds and ride a Hyperlite Shim. Also our set up by no means runs the weight others run on this board in their R20 / RZR but at this stage we don't feel we need it as the wave is great (and it is a 20 footer after all).
                How do you like the shim? And what size do you ride? I am just about your size and need to get something that I can advance with as the liquid force rocket is just not cutting it anymore.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  How do you like the shim? And what size do you ride? I am just about your size and need to get something that I can advance with as the liquid force rocket is just not cutting it anymore.

Go custom. you'll pay for it but if you are serious about progression info the sport then the experience is night and day from a "production" board. I recommend soulcraft or chaos (shredstixx), but there are others out there. If you can, try before you buy so you know...but beware, once you do you won't want to go back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cnote View Post
                    Go custom. you'll pay for it but if you are serious about progression info the sport then the experience is night and day from a "production" board. I recommend soulcraft or chaos (shredstixx), but there are others out there. If you can, try before you buy so you know...but beware, once you do you won't want to go back.

My issue is i really havent even defined my style yet so not sure what type i would like... i have only one season under my belt and the rocket is a tank so really havent explored what I like yet... was kind of looking for something reasonable to figure that out before i take a $1000 plunge and realize I don't like it... i want something i can clear the lip with, spin easier, and with more speed than the rocket...

Comment

My issue is i really havent even defined my style yet so not sure what type i would like... i have only one season under my belt and the rocket is a tank so really havent explored what I like yet... was kind of looking for something reasonable to figure that out before i take a $1000 plunge and realize I don't like it... i want something i can clear the lip with, spin easier, and with more speed than the rocket...

So seriously, reach out to Jeff at Soulcraft or Nick at Chaos, just do an inquiry on the website. They can design you a board that will grow with you. Now if you're saying you haven't decided between surf or skim or longboard, then yeah you want to know before you jump in for that kind of coin. But if you're going surf style then you can get the right board made for where you are now and where you want to go - most of these custom boards types are going to do everything pretty well. Your real decision at that point might come down to level of glassing and/or carbon fiber for durability. And yes, there are tweaks and features that favor better speed and airs vs 360s and shuvs, but if you get to that point and you start going into outlaw or pro comps, then ok, you're going to want to tweak your deck to best fit exactly your trick bag, and you're going to want several boards in your quiver anyways.

For me it's become something of a sickness and expensive habit. I personally own four boards and all for different reasons or history, and probably getting a longboard this year, too...

Comment

So seriously, reach out to Jeff at Soulcraft or Nick at Chaos, just do an inquiry on the website. They can design you a board that will grow with you. Now if you're saying you haven't decided between surf or skim or longboard, then yeah you want to know before you jump in for that kind of coin. But if you're going surf style then you can get the right board made for where you are now and where you want to go - most of these custom boards types are going to do everything pretty well. Your real decision at that point might come down to level of glassing and/or carbon fiber for durability. And yes, there are tweaks and features that favor better speed and airs vs 360s and shuvs, but if you get to that point and you start going into outlaw or pro comps, then ok, you're going to want to tweak your deck to best fit exactly your trick bag, and you're going to want several boards in your quiver anyways.

For me it's become something of a sickness and expensive habit. I personally own four boards and all for different reasons or history, and probably getting a longboard this year, too...

Yes, not sure between surf, skim, or hybrid... i have never surfed a skim board... nor am i sure if one is made for someone my size haha. Wakemakers recommended the shim, which i was going to pull the trigger on this spring, but saw you are very similar in size and are riding one in that pic so figured I would ask.

Comment

Yes, not sure between surf, skim, or hybrid... i have never surfed a skim board... nor am i sure if one is made for someone my size haha. Wakemakers recommended the shim, which i was going to pull the trigger on this spring, but saw you are very similar in size and are riding one in that pic so figured I would ask.

yeah that's not me, I'm a smaller guy. but advice still stands. haven't seen many bigger guys on skim, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Comment

yeah that's not me, I'm a smaller guy. but advice still stands. haven't seen many bigger guys on skim, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Sorry it was dcr20 not you i got my posts confused.

Comment

Originally posted by DCR20 View Post
                              Brian. Took me a while to get out but here is the R20 with Nauticurl and factory surf ballast. For reference I am 6'4 1/2 and 275 pounds. Also was first ride of the day and had not messed around with the taps and speed to clean up the wave and there was still plenty of push a good ways back.

[ATTACH]47454[/ATTACH]
                              I am your size, and was wondering if yuoiu like the shim, and which size you ride?

Comment

Working...
                              X