Slappers on a RZ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Where are you guys getting the TAPS 3 tabs and actuators where they are cheap?
    I purchased a complete kit from Germaine marine. 2200 for everything, plus install.

Comment

Cool. Is that with the plain controller or something automated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Mines a r20, so from my understanding it's just a lenco trim tab controller. The boats 2015 and newer can just have their software updated and have it built in.

Comment

The automated controller part is the price difference--the Martin archer controller is $1400. That's why GSA quite a bit more too. They charge a lot for the automated GPS enabled controller. If you can live without that, you can have a lot more cost effective setup. Or you can make one....

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
            Or buy one of at least two different aftermarket automated controllers and it will be just as automated as the real taps 3 system, for about half the cost of GSA. That would be my plan if I had your boat.
            Originally posted by bsreid View Post
            I purchased a complete kit from Germaine marine. 2200 for everything, plus install.
            So far, we are over half of a GSA and still need to pick up one the 2 or so aftermarket controllers, that are $1400? Thats $3600. GSA is $3900.

Sorry, but i must suck at math...............
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Sort of what I was thinking Chp. The Martin Archer controller, really the only comparable one, is 1400. It's really nice though...

Comment

I think I heard at one point you could buy just GSA tabs for 1200 or $1400? If you threw in a couple of $180 actuators and some generic non automated switches you could actually have it for less than that $2200 kit. That would be another option, potentially. The controller is the spendy part.

Comment

I'm sure you can price together everything and find a way to make it work. But is it really worth it? To me spending 2200 on a complete kit with everything required, pretty much exact to factory seemed much easier than trying to figure it out myself and ending up with it not working.

Comment

Except it's still kind of pieced together and requires install, and isn't automated. I guess what I am trying to say is, that's not that cheap, or as cheap as it seems. It's basically the same thing. Lenco makes all the actuators and switches (same ones used for all tabs), so beyond that you still need to get tabs. What you bought is not really a factory thing at all, it's rather Tige's tabs paired up a generic actuator and switch setup from Lenco. In other words, it's something your dealer has pieced together on your behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                      I'm sure you can price together everything and find a way to make it work. But is it really worth it? To me spending 2200 on a complete kit with everything required, pretty much exact to factory seemed much easier than trying to figure it out myself and ending up with it not working.
                      what is this kit?
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

It's factory Tige TAPS3 plates and Lenco actuators/switches.

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
                          It's factory Tige TAPS3 plates and Lenco actuators/switches.

Yes, but isn't that the factory set up on the R20? Yes, its not automated, but would still be "factory"

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
                          "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

I don't know--if so, that's pretty basic stuff. Somebody is gonna take off and rip some tabs loose!

Comment

My main point was mostly that it's not particularly "cheap" or "half of GSA"--it's not apples to apples if there is no automated controller involved. That's the expensive part.

Comment

Looking at dashboards of TAPS3 R20 boats, there is a "SURF" button located on the perimeter of the control screen. So it must be tied into that little control center?

Comment

Working...
                                X