Slappers on a RZ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slappers on a RZ4?

Anybody try to put a Malibu style surf gate on their Rz4 or 2 with electric Lenco actuators?
    Have a 08 rz4 and tired of DIY surf gate setup and want to go automated
    Just curious if anybody has tried this on these model boats. Have a buddy that has this setup on his MB 2012 F21 tomcat and it works great!

Snag a Nauticurl. Will validate if slappers are a good idea, and is $200!

I don't even work for them LOL, I just tried one and it makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Whoops, I read your post again and automation is what you seek...

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonRZ4 View Post
        Anybody try to put a Malibu style surf gate on their Rz4 or 2 with electric Lenco actuators?
        Have a 08 rz4 and tired of DIY surf gate setup and want to go automated
        Just curious if anybody has tried this on these model boats. Have a buddy that has this setup on his MB 2012 F21 tomcat and it works great!
        Brandon why not retrofit taps 3? or GSA?
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Its an 08, so TAPS3 would just be the tabs and then the lanco trim tab switch and all manual. GSA would be the better of those 2.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            Its an 08, so TAPS3 would just be the tabs and then the lanco trim tab switch and all manual. GSA would be the better of those 2.
            Or buy one of at least two different aftermarket automated controllers and it will be just as automated as the real taps 3 system, for about half the cost of GSA. That would be my plan if I had your boat.

Comment

I agree with unstuck taps 3 is way cheaper than GSA. I don't know if it's just me, but it still might work better being a convex v hull.

Comment

Where are you guys getting the TAPS 3 tabs and actuators where they are cheap?

Comment

Thanks guys. Did a prototype yesterday to try the slapper setup and it worked pretty good actually
                  I thought about Taps 3 option for it as well. Just kicking some ideas around. I agree GSA way too expensive

Comment

IMG_1527.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
                      Where are you guys getting the TAPS 3 tabs and actuators where they are cheap?
                      Well I'm not really the right guy to ask. I made my own. I think I was into my tabs ( SS plate, cut, bent, hinge) about $200. The hinge was like $120 or something for a 6' piece.

Comment

Unstuck, do you have photos of your setup?

71 Cut Supreme, 70 3 Door Suburban, 08 Tahoe LTZ, 12 F21 Surf Machine!
                        http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/onetogofast/IMG_4360.jpg

Comment

If I recall, it did not work worth a crap on your 21 foot boat, is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by onetogofast View Post
                            Unstuck, do you have photos of your setup?
                            Search "Taps 21"

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
                            If I recall, it did not work worth a crap on your 21 foot boat, is that correct?
                            I couldn't get it to work at all. I kind of wish I wouldn't have given up on it so easily though. I put it on and just expected it to work. As I know now, even with the new boats, that's not always the case. Anyways, I took the system off and sold it to a guy on here. Can't remember his boat, but I want to say an RZR or maybe one of the other RZ boats. He reported right away that it worked great and was happy with it.

Comment

The DIY suck gate I had worked good on this boat just wanted to go automated
                              and I can get it built for about 300 bucks doin slappers. Definitely way better on the countersteer
                              Going this way. The hull does a weird step up where you would mount a Taps 3 setup and I have underwater lights mounted where the rams would go
                              Last edited by BrandonRZ4; 05-18-2017, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X