AVX plus a surf gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AVX plus a surf gate

Has anyone tried a surf gate type of wave shaper in addition to the AVX system? I like my wave with the Z1, but when only the wife and kids are in the boat the wave is not as strong as when its loaded with peeps. I could upgrade my ballast to the SurfXL also. any comments. Thanks

I could upgrade my ballast to the SurfXL also.
    I cant believe the boat has AVX and less than SurfXL ballast. Does not make sense.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Check this out, it wasn't successful with the convex vx and so AVX will probably be the same.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...=Surfgate+test

Edit: never mind I just got to your post on that thread

Comment

I would try the AVX with something like the mission delta to make the wave, I have thought about that in the past. Would be interesting.
        http://wake9.com/

Comment

i have tested a Mission Delta on a 14 Z1 (DP Powells Boat) he has VX and the wave was noticeably better. However, it burned fuel like crazy. We did a video on youtube however the intent of video was not to show wave quality rather how it works and its switching ability.

Here was DP Powell's setup that had the best wave.
          Surf XL ballast full, plus additional 400's under the seats.
          Bow Full (although in retrospect I would recommend starting with half and work up or down from there)
          Speed was 11.0
          Taps at 4-5
          Mission Delta, placed in line with the Tige Logo and on the second chine of the hull.

Also tested in on a 16 Z3 with Taps 3 and it was mess, basically had to pull Taps 3 out of the water in order to clean the wave up. They did not work in tandem. Just FYI for the Taps 3 owners.

Best wave seen to date with the delta was on a 2000 Tige 21V, massive wave!

My 24ve was average but nothing to write home about with the delta.
          My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
            Check this out, it wasn't successful with the convex vx and so AVX will probably be the same.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...=Surfgate+test

Edit: never mind I just got to your post on that thread
            Not sure how you took that result from my thread.

In all cases, the suck gate has improved the wave. With or without the Vx installed on the boat. However the Vx reduces exhaust gas a great deal (which you could achieve with a FAE) and it also shapes the wave nicely.

I think a suckgate with AVx would be even better than the normal Vx. It is a cheap test, so go for it!

(side note, I had a bad propeller all of last year, so some of my tests need to be repeated too)

Comment

I have to agree with you Johnnie, I was thoroughly impressed with the wave and the VX (with the mission Delta) and could only imagine AVX would just provide an additional level of fine tuning. I would highly recommend the not just the delta, but any of the "suck gate" systems to those that don't have Taps 3, and are tired of listing of the boat over. The VX/AVX and Delta worked great together in my experience.
              My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
                Best wave seen to date with the delta was on a 2000 Tige 21V, massive wave!
                Very interesting. I ran the loaner at the reunion and wasn't impressed. Just before it was given to us to try we were using my home made version. I took mine off, put the delta on and ran it for a bit and then put it away and put mine back on. We were running 1100's as full as we can get them in the rear lockers with a 750 in the walkway.

What was the secret?

Comment

I've been on several of the Tige's without the Taps systems with our Wakesurf Creator, Can't say we've compared each one to the mission, but they do make a large difference for these boat owners.
                  Adam - SWELL Wakesurf - www.swellwake.com

Comment

Originally posted by SWELLwakesurf View Post
                    ...with our Wakesurf Creator, Can't say we've compared each one to the mission, but they do make a large difference for these boat owners.
                    Adam, you could always sponsor the West Coast Tige Reunion! We could allow many owners the opportunity to test your product for themselves, and donate it for the raffle at the end. Please contact me if interested. Nine5one-seven75-three81six.

Comment

D&P, I'd love to! Can you PM me more info, dates, sponsorship levels . . .? Tied up with the kids right now. Or i can reach out to you later tonite.

Let me know what works best.

Comment

Adam, do this ^. I'd really like to try yours.

Comment

We for sure will UNSTUCK, but that means you have to wait until September to try it!

If you wanna get it sooner we have a money back guarantee

Comment

D&P will have one for you guys to play with shortly. If you see him hit him up for a demo!

Comment

I think I will load up on ballast and then try the suck gate, anyone know what the max # I can put in the rear without adding to the front? Anyone know what type/brand name that fit perfectly?

Comment

Working...
                              X