No announcement yet.

Idol wakesurf boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just some follow up on the fin topic. I did some more research and ended up grabbing some fins made by 3D Fins. They are dimpled on the outside foil like a golf ball, supposedly to help reduce the drag. I was skeptical about the difference (lots of mixed reviews online saying the technology is BS), but after riding them yesterday I was really impressed and surprised as it did seem to help with speed. Maybe I'm just slowly progressing or placebo effect, but it was my best day out all year. I picked up the 4.0 sized XDS fins. I started with all three fins in and speed felt good but I like the board a little looser feeling so I pulled the center and thought it was awesome the rest of the day. Would recommend them at this point.

Comment

Glad you found something that worked. I ended up buying a thruster set you suggested. FCS UL-5. I loved it in the full thruster configuration. My favorite so far. It was too locked in for my kids. We played around with a few different configurations and settled on the new UL-5 on the outsides and the Ronix 2.3 in the center. Great compromise and everyone was having a great time! That's the goal.
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
      X