RZ4 vs. Z3 surf waves (best case loaded) Req

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
    to get that rub rail down, with the huge freeboard and only slight list needed, it would probably take over 7000 lbs of ballast and people. The thing is, the wake would be big, but require a speed of probably 14-15 mph.
    Just hypothetically. What if the surf side/off side ratio was maintained in order to keep the desired list? We've all seen good wake-board wakes get better with more ballast, providing a 60/40 split is maintained. On hulls like the 22ve, we seen a good wave get better with more ballast on the surf side, as long as some more was added to the bow at the same time. Yesterday, in a 2014 23LSV, we added an additional 750 to the back and an additional 500 to the bow. The wave responded in kind, although speed and wedge needed retuning.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Am I blind? I see all these Z3 waves and none are really all that big. That last one Rag posted looks pretty big...but alot of Z3 waves posted just look real long. Anyone else seeing this?
      my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Moose, i agree but think it's because most pics you see don't have enough weight. I have the pro ballast and Wake9 bags and have started running another 750 on the floor and was very surprised by the difference. The wave went from good to really good. Even with this I am still nowhere near the rub rail. I think we also have to remember that with the VX you are essentially putting the weight further forward since the VX extends the running surface vs having all the weight in the very corner on boats without.

Comment

Working...
        X