No announcement yet.

WakeSurf Board Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaos.....them pics are a year old....heeeheee.
    Squid
    squidswake@gmail.com

Comment

It's crazy that skim boards are fetching $700+ dollars these days. Not that they're not worth it (the Chaos Carbon looks really nice) but, it was just 10 years ago that custom skimmers we're bringing a (at the time) healthy $300. Wakesurfing has really pumped a ton of development into skimmers. It's pretty tough to go wrong with any top of the line wakesurf specific builders out there. I'd be looking hard at Victoria, Inland Surfer, Phase 5 and yes, even ShreddStixx.

Alan, I'm really surprised you are even mentioning Soulcraft around here. Am I the only one with a bad taste still in my mouth?
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I personally ride a Chaos Ringer 4'8". It is a super easy board to ride as it is fast and does not tire the legs out. It airs pretty easy as well. The only down side to this board is that it does pearl a bit if not used to it but after about 15 minutes you get that figured out and it has never been a problem since. I feel it was more just getting used to it from other boards I have ridden.

I recently had the chance to try a 4'6" Chaos sixxer. Man what a nice board. The look is super sexy and its ease of use blew me away. Did not think anything could be easier than the ringer. Everyone that tried this board loved it. The guy that bought the board is likely 220-230 and it was a bit light for the way he rides, but another friend of ours that has a TWP super bomb pop that is about 230 lbs absolutely loved it. It was much more nimble for him and he could maneuver it and ride with much more ease than his 4'8" TWP bomb pop. It spins easy, pops easy and tons of speed down the line. My wife also wanted to keep it. She has a phase 5 AKU which she really likes but the Chaos sixxer was just a bit more nimble and had better release of the top of the wake. We will definitely be adding a sixxer to our quiver soon.
        2016 Tige Z3, 2014 Tige Z3
        2013 Tige Z3, 2004 Tige 24V (Legen....dary)

Comment

I personally ride a Chaos Ringer 4'8". It is a super easy board to ride as it is fast and does not tire the legs out. It airs pretty easy as well. The only down side to this board is that it does pearl a bit if not used to it but after about 15 minutes you get that figured out and it has never been a problem since. I feel it was more just getting used to it from other boards I have ridden.

I recently had the chance to try a 4'6" Chaos sixxer. Man what a nice board. The look is super sexy and its ease of use blew me away. Did not think anything could be easier than the ringer. Everyone that tried this board loved it. The guy that bought the board is likely 220-230 and it was a bit light for the way he rides, but another friend of ours that has a TWP super bomb pop that is about 230 lbs absolutely loved it. It was much more nimble for him and he could maneuver it and ride with much more ease than his 4'8" TWP bomb pop. It spins easy, pops easy and tons of speed down the line. My wife also wanted to keep it. She has a phase 5 AKU which she really likes but the Chaos sixxer was just a bit more nimble and had better release of the top of the wake. We will definitely be adding a sixxer to our quiver soon.
          Attached Files
          2016 Tige Z3, 2014 Tige Z3
          2013 Tige Z3, 2004 Tige 24V (Legen....dary)

Comment

NICKYPOO..

we would be more then happy to learn your issue (why the bad taste)..whatever that may be.

PM or call Jeff or I

303-710-7533
            Squid
            squidswake@gmail.com

Comment

I'm gonna say PHASE 5 for a skim. I've got the Danielo Diamond and X models. Best Ive tried. Especially the DIAMOND. EVERYBODY loves the Danielo Diamond long time"!!
              my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Where is the best place to buy Phase 5 and Chaos boards ?

Comment

Travis, I have a phase 5 Trident you can try.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

Comment

Phase 5 Danielo Diamond, though pricey, it was worth every dollar. Myself and all my buddies agree on that being our favorite.

Comment

You might get lucky and find last years model on sale...

I'd call every vendor and start begging..err I mean inquiring
                      my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

Originally posted by Travism View Post
                        Where is the best place to buy Phase 5 and Chaos boards ?
                        www.shredstixxusa.com or email info@shredstixxusa.com and I can recommend local dealers.

Nick

Comment

We sell many types of liquid force skims and regular surf boards. But from what it sounds like you guys are pretty advanced and nothing compares to Phase 5 boards which we carry the Oath, Model X and Trident. As well as others but those are our top 3 sellers and have had many positive reviews from high end riders. PM for some pictures and pricing if you're interested! Hope this helped!

Comment

I can attest to the 'X' model's speed AND shredability. We love that board in a 4'10". Been riding it as a twin. Now ready to single fin it for 360's

Comment

Working...
                            X