Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WakeSurf Board Recommendations

Hey Guys,
    We (20,19,17 weight 170-190) are currently looking for a new board for the summer season and have little idea what we want to buy. We currently ride a Paul Walker Signature Model and are looking to get a more skimboard variation for our arsenal.
    We ride behind a 2013 RZ2 with pro ballast (2,000lbs) and an extra 1,000lbs of aftermarket ballast as well. We are all decent riders who can do some aerials and do 360's in succession every so often but are looking more for a board to improve our spins and on wave potential.
    Open for any recommendations!
    Cheers,
    The Sylvan Boys

Welcome to the site! Other Tigé Owners will chime in. I'm not much help, but at least this will bump it up again.
    If I were to look at a skim board style surf board, I would look at Victoria. It doesn't hurt that they are local for me?
    http://wakestore.victoriaskimboards....board-builder/
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Awesome! Thanks, will give it a look!

Comment

Sounds like you have the killer setup. Got any pics or video links of you boys in action?
        Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Wake Wood makes a fun 1/4" thick all natural wood board that they call a hybrid... it is called the Morning Wood (but 1/4", they have same in 1/2"), it is light, classic, releases well, actually is a great all around board... if you are used to surf style this will feel good but will perform like a skim but will also give you surf feel if you want.... https://www.facebook.com/wakewoodcraft On the high side price wise but is very unique and they will make one custom to your size and any other preferences you would have. Also see southernsurfest.com for board reviews and you will see the reviews on the Wake Wood boards... the 1/4" Morning Wood they brought was not an official board of the event and we don't have the review but I can tell you there were many tug of wars wanting to have this board on each boat!! Good luck on your search.

Comment

Do prefer surf or skim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We actually just got the boat this year! Only rode it once but we will definitely be putting up some pics and vid as the summer goes along, just finishing up work this week so cant wait to get out there!

Comment

Originally posted by gibbs114 View Post
                Do prefer surf or skim?

Currently we all prefer to just surf more, buddies have brought skims out with us on our old boat and they were tons of fun just never really wanted to take the leap into it. Now we are looking to since we have the new boat so trying to figure out what the preferences are for surfers behind Tige boats.

Comment

Originally posted by st68 View Post
                  Wake Wood makes a fun 1/4" thick all natural wood board that they call a hybrid... it is called the Morning Wood (but 1/4", they have same in 1/2"), it is light, classic, releases well, actually is a great all around board... if you are used to surf style this will feel good but will perform like a skim but will also give you surf feel if you want.... https://www.facebook.com/wakewoodcraft On the high side price wise but is very unique and they will make one custom to your size and any other preferences you would have. Also see southernsurfest.com for board reviews and you will see the reviews on the Wake Wood boards... the 1/4" Morning Wood they brought was not an official board of the event and we don't have the review but I can tell you there were many tug of wars wanting to have this board on each boat!! Good luck on your search.
                  Beauty! Will have to give it a look, seems like a pretty perfect board. Any ideas what there shipping and order time is like?

Comment

My wife and I both ride surf and skim. We have had many brands of boards so I'll tell you some of our favorites.
                    Surf:
                    Brigade Zulu
                    SoulCraft Yeti
                    Doomswell Nubstep
                    LF Chase Sixer
                    Skim:
                    Victoria Agent
                    LF custom
                    LF Dom Skim
                    We have tried a few more but those are some of our favorite.

Comment

Look them all up...do your home work..it will pay off.

and if you choose Soulcraft give us a call 303-710-7533 or throughout the website.....the Podiums don't lie...

10481935_10201826916907168_159456673421662027_n.jpg
                      Squid
                      squidswake@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by B.McCann View Post
                        Beauty! Will have to give it a look, seems like a pretty perfect board. Any ideas what there shipping and order time is like?
                        Sorry for the delay in this... about 2 weeks and shipping is pretty quick as well, board comes from upstate NY... that board should not be too bad on shipping cost... it is pretty light and shorter...

Comment

There are a lot of good skim boards out there, you can also go custom and get something more of a hybrid, that leans towards the skimmy side. I am partial to my skim board the Chaos Carbon Skim.
                          You can check out the board line up at www.shredstixxusa.com

Nick

Comment

Podiums don't lie. Numerous World Championships and decades of experience. No other custom manufacture can make that claim.
                            2011.jpg2010 RO.jpgMen's surf podium 2.jpgThomas Garcia.jpgChris tour win.jpgMen's podium.jpg

Comment

The Chaos Carbon Skim was a pretty popular board at Southern Surfest as well... I call these 1st world problems!!! Hard to go wrong either way.

Comment

Working...
                              X