Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fat boy needs Performance Board (surf style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fat boy needs Performance Board (surf style)

Years ago I got a custom Xtreme Board Company board -- thanks surfdad for the reccomendation. Nice board but not fast.

Now it's time to take it to a whole new level....

I am 275lbs and want a much faster board more performance surf style board.

I have '06 tige 22ve -- 1400lbs of ballast.

Living in colorado I am frustrated that no shops demo -- or least have any boards worth demoing.

So it looks like I have to buy a board without riding it first...

What recommendations does anyone have for us fat boys that rip?

Originally posted by $eeker View Post
    Years ago I got a custom Xtreme Board Company board -- thanks surfdad for the reccomendation. Nice board but not fast.

Now it's time to take it to a whole new level....

I am 275lbs and want a much faster board more performance surf style board.

I have '06 tige 22ve -- 1400lbs of ballast.

Living in colorado I am frustrated that no shops demo -- or least have any boards worth demoing.

So it looks like I have to buy a board without riding it first...

What recommendations does anyone have for us fat boys that rip?
    You may want to check with Tommys. They now carry ShredStixx. IDK if they demo surf boards but I know they do the other stuff. Also, they have a performance guarantee that you can trade it for something else if it doesn't work.

Where abouts in CO are you?

Comment

I will call them tomorrow, they didn't have anything on there website about shredstixx...

Which Shredstixx would you reccomend?

I live in Longmont.

Comment

check out wake9.com - I think they reviewed (or at least demo'd) several big boy boards

seems to me they really liked a LakeWakes board and The Walker Project - Bazooka

Comment

Originally posted by $eeker View Post
          I will call them tomorrow, they didn't have anything on there website about shredstixx...

Which Shredstixx would you reccomend?

I live in Longmont.
          They just got them in.

It looks like the Piranha only goes to about 260#. I don't know if there is anyone out there that has tried the Piranha above 260#'s.

You maybe looking at a custom board.

The Grindwater Mauka Wakesurf Board 5'6" may work but I don't know if it is fast. I thought they had one of those when I was there. One of the TO's just posted one for sale. He might be able to tell you if it is fast. http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...234#post591234

Comment

Just call Shred Stixx and tell them what you are looking for. They will have a rec and might be able to organize a demo.

512 669 1124

Comment

Shred stixx ja mako! Fastest big boy board I have seen or seen a big boy ride. You might need it even bigger for your weight though. Also talk to Dennis on wakeworld he has a huge walker that he rips on.
              Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

I bought a Lakewakes Real Big Boy, and it's awesome! I was 300+ when I started riding it, and have dropped a few pounds since then. But being 6'4" is a disadvantage with most boards, and I found the Lakewakes to be very bouyant, and fast. Plus you can change out the Futures fins to different styles and change how the board reacts to your style! Also, try Soul Crafters amazing hand made boards as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtige72 View Post
                  I bought a Lakewakes Real Big Boy, and it's awesome! I was 300+ when I started riding it, and have dropped a few pounds since then. But being 6'4" is a disadvantage with most boards, and I found the Lakewakes to be very bouyant, and fast. Plus you can change out the Futures fins to different styles and change how the board reacts to your style!
                  Over winter, we bought a Lakewakes Real Big Boy for the big boys and for tandem riding. Alas, it has not yet been ridden. But the decision to buy it was based on great feedback here on TO.

I would call Lakewakes about what that used pickle front board will hold and how it will ride. Owning an RZ2, I lovelovelove the aesthetics of that board.

Comment

Shred Stixx doesnt make a board big enough unless you go custom.

I would recommend the Walker Project Bazooka. My main riding buddy is 300+ and he rips on it. Dennis Horton (280lbs) also does really well on his. It is the only board designed for guys that big that actually is high performance.

Boards like the Lake Wakes and Inland Surfer Red Woody are great for cruising, but if you want to take it to the next level they wont have what youre looking for.

You should fly out to California for the West Coast Wakesurf Open presented by Tige, Wake9, and California Marine Sports. There will be between 30-40 different boards to demo. People have traveled from all over the country to the event in the past because it is the only place in the country that has demos of all the wakesurf brands. Plus this year there are boat demos for Tige, Centurion, Supreme, MB, Moomba, and more. And of course the Comp and Clinics
                    www.wake.victoriaskimboards.com

Comment

I'm going out to Cal for the west coast wakesurf open looking to bring back a demo program in Colorado. If you can wait I'll should have good info. Or just follow Mitchs advice. I'm told he is the man.
                      Mitch, I'll be calling you soon. RagBoy should have already worned you.
                      Squid
                      squidswake@gmail.com

Comment

I'll bet u r getting a pretty good wave with that ballast. I think the 2012 Lakeswakes boards are improved and better performing this yr since they are lighter, now better materials with refined design. We visited yesterday and got some good insight.

Comment

Thanks for all the input.
                          Unfortunaty I will be in Vegas for a trade show during the Wakesurf open. Otherwise I would definitely go...

I did talk to Nick at Shreddstix and he sent me the CAD drawings for a custom version of there Pro Model -- 5'4''. Strongly considering this.

Tommy's was helpful but they don't have anything in stock that really works for anyone over 240. And they won't be set up to demo till mid May.

Has anyone surfed on both the Walker Bazooka and the Pro Model ShredStixx?

Comment

$seeker, theyve never had a Shred Stixx Pro Model (ex Hazen) big enough for people over 240 to ride. The standard board is 4'8" and they offer a custom 4'11", but it sounds like for you they are willing to try something totally new. I think it would be a first. The 4'8" absolutely rocks, so if they can get that performance in a 5'4" than it would be amazing.

on the other hand, the bazooka is proven.
                            www.wake.victoriaskimboards.com

Comment

I think the only difference will be that it won't have the step deck... He said it will not be need at that size. Anyone know of away to demo the Bazooka in Colorado? Also is the Bazooka more surf style of skim? I was leaning more to the Bazooka until I talk to Nick at ShredStixx.

Comment

Working...
                              X