Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fiveflat View Post
    You bought it?
    Couldn't resist. I didn't see your earlier comment saying it was out there. I saw it post on FB and called him within a couple of minutes.

I am excited.

I was in UT and visited a pro shop that had good deals on everything. This price can not be touched by anything and I have to guess that this is a better board than a factory board. At least I hope so.

Comment

I'm pretty sure u r gonna be very pleased w that board.

Comment

Anyone know if for 2012 the 6.1 Real Big Boy by LakeWakes replaces the 5.2 board formerly advertised for big boys? Nothing between 5'1" (rated for up to 250#) and 6'1" appears on the site.

Comment

I would give Mark a call, use the number on the website, he will tell you what they have based on your needs.

Comment

Ragboy, I see from this Lakewakes page that Wake9 now has a 6'1" Real Big Boy board. I would be very interested in your comments regarding this board. We are looking at it for next season as a general boat board for 250#+ friends and a tandem board. Might even consider using it to replace our IS Blue Lake as a general board if it can be ridden by 130-180#.

Comment

That is not a 6'1" board, but a 61" inch board. So its 5.1, I think this replaces the 5.2, which would go up to 250 or so. We will definitely test and let you know! Good looking board, isn't it? I can't wait to see how that full board hydro turf works.

We do have a "door" as we call it that is a real wide 5.4 that will work up to 300+ lbs, frank wolter was able to ride it at 330 behind our 24Ve when it didn't have the huge power it does now.
              http://wake9.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
                That is not a 6'1" board, but a 61" inch board. So its 5.1, I think this replaces the 5.2, which would go up to 250 or so. We will definitely test and let you know! Good looking board, isn't it? I can't wait to see how that full board hydro turf works.

We do have a "door" as we call it that is a real wide 5.4 that will work up to 300+ lbs, frank wolter was able to ride it at 330 behind our 24Ve when it didn't have the huge power it does now.
                Hah! 61" makes ALOT more sense that 6'1". I thought it was weird LW would make a jump to that big of board.

I think the door might be too wide -- but I would really value your (and anyone else's) feedback and comparison of the two boards.

Comment

The door is too wide, but still rode very fun, it really surprised all that rode it. We keep more for sentimental reasons. ;-)

I am excited to get this 5.1 out and see how it does. We will get dennis on it, and frank will prob be a bit to heavy, but maybe not on our wake, he is coming out in a week or 2.

Don't worry, we will let you know!
                  http://wake9.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ragboy View Post
                    The door is too wide, but still rode very fun, it really surprised all that rode it. We keep more for sentimental reasons. ;-)

I am excited to get this 5.1 out and see how it does. We will get dennis on it, and frank will prob be a bit to heavy, but maybe not on our wake, he is coming out in a week or 2.

Don't worry, we will let you know!
                    Any word on the LW 61 Real Big Boy? Thinking of that board for tandem and bigger riders.

Comment

Rode skippa's board today! Great board! Had a lot of fun on it, especially with the 4 degree Future's fins in it! I think I almost got air for the first time in my wakesurfing life! Nice board skippa, thanks for sharing it today!

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
                        Rode skippa's board today! Great board! Had a lot of fun on it, especially with the 4 degree Future's fins in it! I think I almost got air for the first time in my wakesurfing life! Nice board skippa, thanks for sharing it today!
                        No problem, look forward to meeting up in the future.

Comment

Here are some videos of us using the Lakewakes

Comment

Lakewakes is going to start using a dealer in approximately a month. Once that happens the price is going to jump up so if you are interested you might want to contact them.

I have not ridden a TWP or Shred Stixx so I can't compare, but I have liked the Lakewakes and everyone that has ridden it has liked it.

Comment

Working...
                            X