No announcement yet.

Anyone ridden Triple X boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to get myself and the family into wakesurfing this year and looking for board suggestions for newbies like us. Looking for suggestions for both adult guys & girls and also for the kids (5-12 yr old). Would the triple x slashers be ideal or should I be looking for something totally different?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Triple-X-4-6...item3f06f9ebaf

Maybe the 4'6" board for the ladies and the 5'6" board for the guys (160-220 lbs)?

Thanks

Comment

I'm the guy on this thread that just bought one on ebay, and I'm bigger than your guys. The board is 5'. There are many other factors at play including your wave. For beginners, I'd think the slaysher would be good, because it would be nice and stable with those three big FCS fins on it, but then others have suggested that you can take the middle fin off to loosen it up and move around a bit. The great thing about XXX is that they are selling these things on ebay at a pretty good clip in true auctions, not simply listing them as Buy it Now at retail price. Mine has arrived and I can testify that theya re definitely a step above in quality over the Wakeboard company surfboards like LF, Hyperlite, Obrien and the like. I'd say give it a shot if you see one you like and bid at the last second. You might run into a great deal like I did. Also, assuming you would buy from the same guy I did, ask if a surfboard sock is included (it was on mine) and I can tell you that they really wrapped it up and shipped it nice. The shipping was well worth the 25 bucks. They are a good seller.

Comment

Originally posted by wallacmc View Post
        I'm the guy on this thread that just bought one on ebay, and I'm bigger than your guys. The board is 5'. There are many other factors at play including your wave. For beginners, I'd think the slaysher would be good, because it would be nice and stable with those three big FCS fins on it, but then others have suggested that you can take the middle fin off to loosen it up and move around a bit. The great thing about XXX is that they are selling these things on ebay at a pretty good clip in true auctions, not simply listing them as Buy it Now at retail price. Mine has arrived and I can testify that theya re definitely a step above in quality over the Wakeboard company surfboards like LF, Hyperlite, Obrien and the like. I'd say give it a shot if you see one you like and bid at the last second. You might run into a great deal like I did. Also, assuming you would buy from the same guy I did, ask if a surfboard sock is included (it was on mine) and I can tell you that they really wrapped it up and shipped it nice. The shipping was well worth the 25 bucks. They are a good seller.
        Thanks for the feedback. So maybe I should just get 1 board (5'0" or slightly smaller) for the adults and then a shorter/lighter board for the kids? One that they'll be able to flip up without issue. Is there any reason to get a 2nd, shorter board for the lighter adults.....or will they do just fine on a longer board capable for the heavier guys?

Like I said, we're newbies just yet so just trying to piece this all together. BTW, I haven't updated my profile yet, but we're also from Ohio, near the Akron area. Looking forward to spring!

Thanks

Comment

I don't see any reason why light adults couldn't ride a 5' board. They might just have to ride with more weight on their back foot is all. As for little kids, Ragboy has a board he uses with his kids called a Grom. You can find pretty much everything you ever wanted to know about surfing including free tutorials and products fo rpurchase that are either invented or approvedby him. His site is http://www.wake9.comGood Luck!

Comment

Working...
          X