No announcement yet.

Another Newb question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'm 40, and not in the shape I was when I was 25. I am still a decent skier, but I do get tired easier then I used to.

The SOL has the torq hinge bindings on them, which are 2 steps up from the basic hinge, but not as nice as the top of the line hinge.

I have no idea how aggressive I will get this year, but do want to learn and have fun.

Comment

I'm meaning mostly that they hurt my joints, not that they wear me out. Given that you have that setup, I'd go with it

Comment

I have the 2006 CWB SOL and was happy with it. Great learning board and when others learn how to board, we use it. It's the boat board IMO.

Comment

Liquid force makes some of the most comfortable bindings...I am riding the 07 Closed Toe Watsons and have never had anything better or easier to get into. LF puts hyperlite outta business in my Opinion and thats all I used to ride, my hyperlite boards were great but I have always been breaking/tearing bindings from them and it takes so long to send them back youd lose the whole season if you dont have another pair.
          WAKE ZONE

Comment

I agree with highrock on the warranty issue with hyperlite. I lost a board for two months last summer bc of that.

Comment

I am 6feet 230lbs and a beginner wakeboarder moving up in skill. I have a liquid force evo 138 with style bindings. I have never ridden anything else. Should I stay with this set-up or should I get a longer board. If so what size and any suggestions on boards and bindings? Thanks Bibbs

Comment

Bibbs!
                Like perfect size board! Possible boots.

2007 LF Witness

2007 LF Transits
                The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

You will like the smaller board. I also have a CWB Sol and it is a good board to learn on.

Comment

I am 150lbs and ride a H/L Byerly 143, (it came with the boat). It is an older model. It is great for learning, very forgiving, and almost impossible not to get up on because it is so big. I will always keep it in the boat for newbies, but for me it's time to upgrade. It takes me half a century to get that board on an edge, I guess because it's so big and slow. Point of the story I have heard good things about the ibex, that is what I am looking to get next.
                    How can I be racist when all of my assault rifles are black?

Comment

Working...
                    X