Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good point chp
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

In Germany and Switzerland they have these huge, awesome mobil roller coasters.
      Brutally humongous coasters with 6 to 8 loops each. Takes 20 combination trucks to haul around, some even dis-assembled & hauled around on 30 train flatcars.

They travel around the two countrys in late spring and summer to different Parish (county) fairs, and at Octoberfests which lasts from Sept thru October.
      So popular to ride, ya get a time & date stamp on your ticket and return then, could even be days later than when ya bought it:

http://www.coasterclub.org/gallery/d...lbum=45&pos=61

It's assumed risk rider laws in those two countries.
      No one there to check if ya snapped the seat belt of if you're sober. If ya fall out; "well, those things happen, ya should have fastened the belt, shouldn't have ridden intoxicated, case closed."

Assumed risk. People realize little recourse, so the accidents don't happen in the first place.

Also, ya sue someone and loose, ya pay their legal bills too.
      Last edited by Wake Bandits; 09-11-2007, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by raythompson View Post
        Hmm, such was not the case when I used to take people parasailing in Texas. I specifically inquired about liability insurance when parasailing. I was informed that parasailing, water skiing, tubing, were all considered at risk activities. The person participating would know of the risk and assumed some level of the risk. Bottom line is that I was told that I did not need any additional liability insurance for parasailing.

Negligence was the only reason that I would be liable for injuries. Such negligence would be something like intentionally pulling someone in a parasail under a bridge or power lines. There is also that little overlooked item that if the boarder, skier, tuber thinks the driver is being reckless they can simply let go. Continuing to participate in reckless behavior implies some level of agreement and endorsing of the reckless behavior.

Regardless of the above, it was really stupid. Seems like a good 'ol boy stunt, "hey watch this".
        Times have changed, my friend. That's what happens when the lunatics (um, I mean lawyers) run the asylum (I mean gov't).
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
          Times have changed, my friend. That's what happens when the lunatics (um, I mean lawyers) run the asylum (I mean gov't).
          No, they just moved to California!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
            No, they just moved to California!!!!
            Actually, you got that backwards. Like locusts, they descended upon us from California.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I agree, we are shipping them out since there are too many already.

Comment

Working...
              X