Tips on taking it ez on the knees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G-MONEY View Post
    IF YOU ARE LANDING IN THE FLATS SPEED UP AND LENGTHEN THE ROPE.
    THE SPEED WILL CLEAN UP THE WAKE AND THE LENGTH WILL HELP YOU LAND ON THE DOWN SIDE OF THE WAKE.
    I agree

otherwise don't cut so hard. If your landing in the flats on a regular w2w just cut it lightly. You only need to cut real hard if your going to flip or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
      Make a board? Maybe you should try the door that Surfdad used to surf on
      He was kidding.
      The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Landing on edge

Would this help out my knees?

Comment

No, that will only plant the board further into the water and they you have to attempt to get the board from under the water... Too much work... Need to lake straight on the bottom of the board.

Comment

I have the same problems with my knees... But not sure on how to solve the problem except put extentions on the rope where ur landing on the down slope. but my knee got to the point where it popped, gave out and took my chin to knee and chipped a tooth today but what else is new.
            For Those About To Ride We Solute You

Comment

not to mention im almost 15 and already having problems.
              For Those About To Ride We Solute You

Comment

Originally posted by ddmracing05 View Post
                not to mention im almost 15 and already having problems.
                Yes, that dose, suck mine pooping out is nothing new but they get worse in the winter.

Comment

try weight training. to get a kinesiology credit i took weight training last semester. i ended up really liking it and after just a few weeks of doing that twice a week i could take those rough landings like a champ. not only helped with the impact but also my board control and balance. plus after riding all day you won't hurt anymore. i've kept up with it and am starting my next course tomorrow. its easy try it.

Comment

i ride with closed toe murrys and love em'... they have the cable system in them.. they are the way to go if you ever ride with a pair.. but some people dont like the feel. it is a totaly different ride for sure..

Comment

Originally posted by typerider View Post
                      try weight training. to get a kinesiology credit i took weight training last semester. i ended up really liking it and after just a few weeks of doing that twice a week i could take those rough landings like a champ. not only helped with the impact but also my board control and balance. plus after riding all day you won't hurt anymore. i've kept up with it and am starting my next course tomorrow. its easy try it.
                      Weight training or cycling (take a spinning class) will get your knees in shape.
                      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Weight training or cycling (take a spinning class) will get your knees in shape.
                        Are these High school classes?

What classes should I take weight training and spining I still have time to switch classes...so what to take!!!???

I ride BMX not a cycle unless its a motorcycle

Comment

Originally posted by wannabewakeboarder View Post
                          Are these High school classes?

What classes should I take weight training and spining I still have time to switch classes...so what to take!!!???

I ride BMX not a cycle unless its a motorcycle
                          Do you have a mountain bike? If so, try doing about 10 miles 2-3 times a week. Make sure you throw in some hills. Try to keep your cadence (RPM of your pedals) up around 80 and you'd be surprised how quickly your knees will feel better. Make sure you use toe clips or clipless pedals/shoes.
                          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Do you have a mountain bike? If so, try doing about 10 miles 2-3 times a week. Make sure you throw in some hills. Try to keep your cadence (RPM of your pedals) up around 80 and you'd be surprised how quickly your knees will feel better. Make sure you use toe clips or clipless pedals/shoes.
                            No MTB, strickly BMX...I just got off the trails no longer than 10mins ago.

Why toe clips?

Comment

Because it allows you to pull up on your pedals as well as push down. It's a more complete exercise. Most guys I know, including myself, have knee issues from sports injuries. Cycling is one of the best things I know for getting your knees into condition. It's also the ultimate cardiovascular exercise.

Comment

Just walked in from ridin' actually, I ride all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X