Tips on taking it ez on the knees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips on taking it ez on the knees

I was out riding' last night and my knees were taking a beating landing in the flats, I was wishing I would have brought my slalom because my knees were so tried and sore by the end of the runs, Wondering if anyone has tips one landing easier or not as hard on my knees.

But the good news it I just picked up another new handle at me shop last night, I love it, its a Hyperlite ARS Exodus 15"
    The sun never sets on a badass

BTW I finally saw a RZ4 sitting new to a wakesetter, 23 or 247 and I must say it was massive, looks like it sits higher in the water than any X-Star or X-45...Oh and that handle floats too...

Comment

Extend the rope another 5-10 feet back.

or

Reduce your progressive edge and don't hit the wake so hard..

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
        Extend the rope another 5-10 feet back.

or

Reduce your progressive edge and don't hit the wake so hard..
        If I lengthen the rope, The wake is all wash and there would be no way in hell I would come close to a W2W

Comment

add weight to the bow and if you are in a Tige, reduce the TAPS down to 4

Comment

if you are in a Tige, reduce the TAPS down to 4
            I wish, But in my bow is a cooler full of beer and whatnot and my dad dosen't was to add ballast, So if I add bow weight, It will lengthen the wake and I will be able to ride longer(80-85ft)?

Comment

Anybody have tips like bend your knees more or land different or somthing goofey that works...I want to keep my knees for a while

Comment

Originally posted by wannabewakeboarder View Post
                I wish, But in my bow is a cooler full of beer and whatnot and my dad dosen't was to add ballast, So if I add bow weight, It will lengthen the wake and I will be able to ride longer(80-85ft)?
                You are already at 75 feet??? If that is the case, you need to learn to pop up higher and not out further. Having a steeper ramp will help. Okay, I have to ask, which model boat is this?

Comment

IF YOU ARE LANDING IN THE FLATS SPEED UP AND LENGTHEN THE ROPE.
                  THE SPEED WILL CLEAN UP THE WAKE AND THE LENGTH WILL HELP YOU LAND ON THE DOWN SIDE OF THE WAKE.
                  Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

You are already at 75 feet??? If that is the case, you need to learn to pop up higher and not out further. Having a steeper ramp will help. Okay, I have to ask, which model boat is this?
                    An old ski boat(not tigé) Right now I am 60-65' area

Originally posted by G-MONEY View Post
                    IF YOU ARE LANDING IN THE FLATS SPEED UP AND LENGTHEN THE ROPE.
                    THE SPEED WILL CLEAN UP THE WAKE AND THE LENGTH WILL HELP YOU LAND ON THE DOWN SIDE OF THE WAKE.
                    Geeze why so lound G, Will try that to night, I'm leaving in a few, Just want to see this thread

Comment

Originally posted by wannabewakeboarder View Post
                      An old ski boat(not tigé) Right now I am 60-65' area
                      70 to 75 feet would be okay with added weight in the front. What speed are you going? As G said, if you speed it up, it will clean the wake up a little but it will also lower the height of the wake.

Comment

imagine doing a squat. when you hit the flats let your body squat down as much as you need to absorb it without killing your knees. then just stand up again. when you see pro's hit d-up's they end up completely butt checking half the time. if nothing else its a good excuse to upgrade. i rode old lf ultra's then went to 05 transits it was a huge difference in softness and hold. this year i got 07 ct watsons and again giant difference in a good direction.

Comment

70 to 75 feet would be okay with added weight in the front. What speed are you going? As G said, if you speed it up, it will clean the wake up a little but it will also lower the height of the wake.
                          I like where Its at after tonight, Well now about 23, and thats prefect, Skinnier wake(esier W2W) actually bigger wake w/o wash, but for surface stuff and BS/FS180's out in the flat, when I catch a lip faceplants hurt way more

Comment

Originally posted by typerider View Post
                            imagine doing a squat. when you hit the flats let your body squat down as much as you need to absorb it without killing your knees. then just stand up again. when you see pro's hit d-up's they end up completely butt checking half the time. if nothing else its a good excuse to upgrade. i rode old lf ultra's then went to 05 transits it was a huge difference in softness and hold. this year i got 07 ct watsons and again giant difference in a good direction.
                            How's it an excues for new boots, I want some new watson or shanes, maybe transits

Comment

You might want to look at your board first. What board are you riding?
                              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                              X