Entering my first comp this weekend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
    I know, I pop the handle every single time, haven't ever completed the handle pass yet (been close). I am going to do some practice on the trampoline tonight.

When you hit the wake pull the handle hard to you hip and try to keep it close to your body.
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

hey this year was my first year of competing. i showed up tho the first comp and really didnt have a rutine to planned. i was thinking about it when i was on the start dock. (big mistake) anyways i sketched myself out and took both my crashes and didnt do good. just make sure you know in your head what your going to do. and it is your first comp so its a whole different thing, and the run is pretty short.

i started in INTER ( wich allows one invert and spins up to 360)
      by the second comp i had really got my stuff together and got my 3,s down. i ended up winning first place. i won the next 2 and then i jumped to ADVANCED(allows 3 inverts and spins to 540) for the last comp and took first. all you need to do is be comfident in your riding and make very pronounced grabs. if you do a really good grabs the judges will like it more than if you were to stick one raley.. and get your spins down. they really like spins
      they used a malibu for the last comp. and im going to say it, it was the best wake i've ever rode. even better than the x-star that was used at another comp. its super tall and rampy. really easy to get your pop. RIDE 5 FEET BACK than normal . i promise you. i rode at 70 ft and should have rode 75. go at least 70 feet back

and oh yeah crashes do not count against you... only tricks you land. time your tricks so that if you crash you will still have time to do more when you get back up.. if you crash near the end you wont have time to do anything waiting for the boat to plain
      Last edited by laketime; 08-18-2007, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks so much for the advice! Good to hear someone else's experience and what to do and what not to do. Congrats on your 1st place finishes too!

Comment

Good luck!
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

So what were the results??
            Everything happens for a reason
            I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Working...
            X