No announcement yet.

Good/Bad night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch! I have a couple of cushion tears as a result of shoes and people who are careless with their boards. The one who nicked the cushion with their board then proceeded to tell us "I guess I'm not used to worrying about the cushions since our boat's cushions are so trashed." I bit my tongue and just politely asked him to be more careful next time. My kids haven't invited him back and still complain about the damage he caused
    Last edited by dogbert; 08-09-2007, 07:21 PM.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by yllw20 View Post
      totally agree on the un-invite.
      ---
      Here's one how about the person who doesnt take off the shoes before getting in the boat.
      My wife told a friend of a friend not to come back if they plan on wearing their shoes getting in the boat again.....
      Now that is awesome. It is amazing how people that do not own boats go about boating with you... It's just that times you have to tell them or remind them to do things....

Timmy!, you should have handed your friends a towel and said "I'll spray and you wipe off!" How is that for a hint?????????

Comment

I am to the point where the only people on my boat, is my family. I had some friends out this last Tue. I asked them to put their sunscreen on before they got into the boat. Next think I know they are spraying them selves down and get that oily sh*t all over the seats! It took me 1 hour to clean the over spray off the seats! They will not get a second invite.

Comment

Originally posted by bsnook212 View Post
          I am to the point where the only people on my boat, is my family. I had some friends out this last Tue. I asked them to put their sunscreen on before they got into the boat. Next think I know they are spraying them selves down and get that oily sh*t all over the seats! It took me 1 hour to clean the over spray off the seats! They will not get a second invite.
          The worst is the new aerosole spray, that stuff has been banned on our boat. I had someone have their kid stand right in the middle of the boat and say arms up, I caught them in time to offer them some of the lotion type. I also asked that when done applying would they sit on a towell.

On the wipe down subject I have about 8 or so wipe down towells and kick everone but my daughter out of the boat, we go to work and hand them a towell, most people can figure out what to do with it.

We have a tote that is labled garbage, it's crazy I have people stuff garbage between the tote and boat. How hard is it to lift the lid
          http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...t=shared+ideas
          My dad always said "Stupid Hurts". He's yet to be proven wrong, but for some reason I keep trying.

Comment

Wing nut,

It was the aerosol spray that they used! That stuff gets all over That is a good idea to have a tote for garbage. The other thing my friends(there were 4 of them) did was open 8 bottles of h20 and only drank half! From my first post earlier today the same 4 friends call and asked if we were going to be at the lake this weekend. I told them NO! But of course we will be out there.
            Last edited by bsnook212; 08-10-2007, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
              I usually fill up on my way back from the lake. That way when moments like this present themselves, we're ready to go. In fact, the whole boat is pretty well ready to launch in just a couple of minutes. I got my kids trained to do most of the work now, so it's kinda like watching an Indy pit crew at work. I haven't gotten the stop watch out yet, but they'd probably mutiny if I did.
              I do the same thing, even when we get off the lake at 10pm, I fill it up. And I don't do ANYTHING anymore except drive. The kids just jump to their jobs, and its awesome. People always say, "Now we see why you had all those kids!". Its pretty funny.
              http://wake9.com/

Comment

Well when you are housing an army of children, you have a lot of tasks that you can assign to them when you are the 4-star general.

Three out of the five are at that age in my house. so we have to assign jobs to have them watch the younger ones.... In time that will change.

Comment

Yes, I am a general, you have to be with 6 kids, or you will go nuts. I feel like this year, we are really reaping the benefits of the things we have done over the years. The teaching and training. And all of the craziness going through the foster system and adoptions. 2 years ago, we were almost confined to the house, it was tough.

Comment

Sounds like it. We have 5 boys that tend to be very good at times. Anyways, I have other questions for you now... PM will be sent in a few...

Comment

I am about to head out to get my lights installed, and other errands. You can email me at rgarcia-at-bighead-dot-net.

Comment

Working...
                      X