Good/Bad night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good/Bad night

Went out for a couple of hours last night. When we got there a storm was just moving through so we had to wait that out for a few minutes. once that cleared there was still some wind so we had light chop and surfed for awhile and then the wind died down, the clouds moved out and the water was absolutely perfect!!!

My buddy rode first and then I got out there. The sun was setting behind the mountains and the board was whistling on the glass and then....the boat started hesitating, we were running low on gas! DOH! DOH! DOH! I knew I was pushing it, we had 10 hours on the tank but a lot of it was surfing and slow cruising teaching n00bs over the weekend. Luckily we were able to make it back to the dock and get it on the trailer but it was just my luck that the absolutely best night we have had this summer had to end this way. Now if I would have put gas in it, we would have had crappy water the whole night, tubers flying at us from all directions and rain and lightning. You win some, you lose some!

SO TRUE
    Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

That sounded like a no lose situation. Best that you didn't fill up...

Comment

I usually fill up on my way back from the lake. That way when moments like this present themselves, we're ready to go. In fact, the whole boat is pretty well ready to launch in just a couple of minutes. I got my kids trained to do most of the work now, so it's kinda like watching an Indy pit crew at work. I haven't gotten the stop watch out yet, but they'd probably mutiny if I did.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I usually fill up when I go and retrieve the boat from storage but I picked it up at 7:30am yesterday and was running late to work so I couldn't stop. I have my "crew" trained as well, < 5 minutes to pull the cover, undo the hooks, straps, load coolers, towels, etc with 6 people. I feel like we are very efficient!

Comment

I got the cleaning of my boat to under 40 minutes after we are done... But those are good numbers that all of you have... I guess I have to get better.

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
              I usually fill up on my way back from the lake. That way when moments like this present themselves, we're ready to go. In fact, the whole boat is pretty well ready to launch in just a couple of minutes. I got my kids trained to do most of the work now, so it's kinda like watching an Indy pit crew at work. I haven't gotten the stop watch out yet, but they'd probably mutiny if I did.
              I like the pit crew theory. We had someone out with us Saturday that just stood back and said I would help, but I would just be in the way of progress. We each have designated rolls and can fly through getting launched and retrieved. Saturday we loaded in half the time on the ramp and had the boat duckied down and polished by the time the rig in front of us on the ramp had retrieved and made it to the parking area. Kids/Slaves are great to own. ( At least they get to play between the work )

Also it takes just as much gas on the way home from the lake as it does on the way to the lake. We always top off on the way home.
              My dad always said "Stupid Hurts". He's yet to be proven wrong, but for some reason I keep trying.

Comment

Sounds just like us! It took some practice to get the cleaning of the boat down to 10 minutes, but man do I love my crew! We went out this past weekend minus our normal crew and spent an hour in the parking lot after pulling the boat out, I was frustrated to say the least. Let's just say it was the "Timmy show" since the other's didn't help in the least bit, even after riding around on our boat for 3 days and pulling the kids on the tube, wakeboarding and teaching them how to surf for FREE (broke mofo's).

That invite has been un-extended! I'm cool taking kids out and not donating to the gas fund if times are tough as long as you help out some, but I wasn't happy being completely taken advantage of.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
                  Sounds just like us! It took some practice to get the cleaning of the boat down to 10 minutes, but man do I love my crew! We went out this past weekend minus our normal crew and spent an hour in the parking lot after pulling the boat out, I was frustrated to say the least. Let's just say it was the "Timmy show" since the other's didn't help in the least bit, even after riding around on our boat for 3 days and pulling the kids on the tube, wakeboarding and teaching them how to surf for FREE (broke mofo's).

That invite has been un-extended! I'm cool taking kids out and not donating to the gas fund if times are tough as long as you help out some, but I wasn't happy being completely taken advantage of.
                  Ya that's
                  If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Worst part - I missed the Tige owner's reunion for this trip!

Comment

That sucks even more.....

Comment

Sounds like it would have been a perfect night if you had a couple more gallons of gas. Where were you guys at?

Just out of curiousity where do you store your boat? I remember at the beggining of the season you were looking for somewhere up north.

Comment

We were at Boyd lake last night. I store my boat down in Denver still.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post

We're done in 10 minutes also. That's a complete wipe-down of all cushions, duckied exterior and windows and all the wet gear/boards stowed in the back of my pickup.

As for your deadbeat friends, I just wouldn't re-invite them.
                            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

totally agree on the un-invite.
                              ---
                              Here's one how about the person who doesnt take off the shoes before getting in the boat.
                              My wife told a friend of a friend not to come back if they plan on wearing their shoes getting in the boat again.....

Comment

Working...
                              X