No announcement yet.

Filling lower rear tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was over at my friends doing some work on his 15’ RZ2 today and I dug all through the boat tracing pumps and hoses. There are only 4 fill pumps and 4 drain pumps. All Tsunami 1200 aerators. 2 go to the bow (1 on each sack) and two go directly to the top of the each rear sack. The drain pumps are just aft of the dividers in the rear compartments. The bow drains are at the rear of each sack in the bow.
    There are no hoses running to or from any subfloor tanks. I’m wondering if Tige’ optioned this boat differently in 15’ than in previous years. It seems to me that the floor in my friends 15’ RZ2 sits deeper than the floor in my friends 12’ RZ2. You can see about 4-5” of stringer in the rear compartments on the side of each engine. Would Tige’ be able to tell me how it was built out from the factory from referencing a hull ID number?

Comment

The '15 has bags only in the rear. The floor drops at the rear and has flotation foam below it. The previous years have a tank under a false floor with a bag above it and no flotation foam. When you pull the tank out of the older models, its the hull right below it.
      Oh Yeah!

Comment

There are no hoses running to or from any subfloor tanks.
        Other then the rear tank fill lines, there would be no other hoses to/from the rear tanks if boat was built with just the bass level ballast, i.e. not surf sacs in rear lockers. With the Surf or Pro level, there are to hoses that connect the sac to the tank.

IMG_1202.jpg
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
          The '15 has bags only in the rear. The floor drops at the rear and has flotation foam below it. The previous years have a tank under a false floor with a bag above it and no flotation foam. When you pull the tank out of the older models, its the hull right below it.
          Thank you sir, I was doing a bit of a head scratch after I looked all through the boat expecting to see the hoses connecting the bags and hard tanks. I have another friend with a 12’ RZ2 that I suspect has the hard tanks as well as the bags. His floor was noticeably softer in the rear compartments.

Chpthril-What do you think is the best bag option for those rear compartments that don’t have the subfloor tanks?

Comment

Well, 2015 is when Tige transitioned from the Surf/Pro ballast configuration to the Surf XL ballast and they deleted the sub floor tanks and small wedge sacs and went to an larger L shaped sac. I have a feeling, but not positive, that the locker floor is once again, a solid floor and not a false floor as it was over the hard tanks in the 2009-2014 early 2015 surf/pro equipped boats. If thats the case, I would not cut open the floor. However, if its like an 09-2014 that was built with NO ballast at all, then the false floor is there and the tank cavity is just filled with foam.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

We’re not planning on cutting into anything, just trying to option out the best weight/cost ratio for replacement bags. The bags he had in it were the smaller wedge shaped ones that snapped up to the side of the boat to dry the floor. Definitely not the XL L shaped bags but there are 2 bags in the bow. I’d be really surprised if they hold 400 lbs each though.

Comment

Sounds like his is an early 2015 and the ballast is a hybrid consisting on the Surf/Pro 350 wedge sac and Surf-XL like plumbing with no hard tank. IIRC, the RZR and R20 where the only models that did not get the larger Surf-LX sacs.

I dont see why an L shaped surf sac could not be installed. Might have to shorten a couple hose and lengthen a couple to get them to mate with the sac. Going full on custom would allow you to plot the ports on the custom to mate with the hoses pretty much as they are.

Comment

Sounds about right, Basta$d of a system! Haha! Any idea how much weight the L sacks hold? Buying some new hose is not a concern to accommodate different port locations. Thx

Comment

Our custom 22Ve/RZ2 sac is roughly 1200 lbs. A little less of the STBD side if the cooler is still there.

Comment

Working...
                    X