Filling lower rear tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filling lower rear tanks

I was watching Danial Watkins talk about setting up a RZR for wake boarding. He said to fill the front tanks, and just the under deck tanks in the rear. How do you fill just the under deck tanks? Just stop when the bags begin to fill? I have always filled the entire bag which he said is the most common mistake.

Fold the bags up and then when water purges from the drain and vent, the tank is full.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Because you have Tige touch just fill your rears to 40% and make sure the bag drains into the hard tank.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        Fold the bags up and then when water purges from the drain and vent, the tank is full.
        Is the hard tank system the same in a 15 RZ2? If so, do the rear soft sacks and hard tanks use the same pumps and vents on each side?
        Last edited by Jetdriver; 03-01-2018, 05:23 AM.

Comment

I believe Tige was like that on all models in around 2012-2016

Comment

Thx Bsreid.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
              Is the hard tank system the same in a 15 RZ2? If so, do the rear soft sacks and hard tanks use the same pumps and vents on each side?
              I can't remember the year the tanks went away. The point was it was a gravity system. Tank filled first then "vented" into bags. When bags are full it finally vents at thru hull fitting. So yes, it's 1 fill pump per side that fills tank, then bag, then vent out the side. At least this is my take after chasing some hoses. Mike's the guy to clarify. You can see the hose going into tanks near transom when you crawl around. The lockers are substantially deeper after the tanks went away so that another good indicator of if the 250 lb tanks are under the floor.
              Funny part was most the tank boats had factory warning sticker saying not to put anything over like 80lbs on the floor in the locker, yet they came with 400lb bags for a bit...bags must have floated on unicorn hair and tinkerbell dust. One things for sure, I've layed on that floor above that tank for lots of service and no tank failures yet so it's good molded plastic
              Last edited by freeheel4life; 03-01-2018, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
                Funny part was most the tank boats had factory warning sticker saying not to put anything over like 80lbs on the floor in the locker, yet they came with 400lb bags for a bit...bags must have floated on unicorn hair and tinkerbell dust. One things for sure, I've layed on that floor above that tank for lots of service and no tank failures yet so it's good molded plastic
                When I was winterizing my friends 2012 RZ2 this year I noticed the floor had some give to it, almost felt a little flimsy in the lockers and was curious about what was going on. Have you every had the floor up? Is it possible to pull them and put one big bag in or better to leave the hard tanks and supplement them with bigger soft bags?

Comment

Yup, that was the floor flexing on top of the tank. I've never tried to pull the floor up. It might be possible to remove them with an air saw. I've done that exact job on some older Supremes and it is a PITA. You have to get the tanks cut in half to get them out. The other thing that has to be done is build new engine dividers because the floor is lower. Doesn t sound like a big deal but it can be surprisingly time consuming. I would personally buy more lead before I considered trying to cut them out if I was trying to get more weight.

Comment

I think 2015 was the last year for the "Base" "Surf" and "Pro" level ballast options, which all included a 250 sub floor hard tank. After that, the RZ boats would have gone to the Surf-XL with a larger L shaped surf sac instead of the wedge shaped surf and pro sac like before.

Yes, I think you could remove the hard tank and do one large surf sac. IDBoating basically did this on his 2009, except his boat did not have ballast, so he started with cutting out the foam.

Now, will you net more weight then just upgrading the surf sac to a larger L shaped sac? not sure it would be measurable. Taking out a thin hard tank that holds 250 in water to replace with a soft sac that hopefully holds the same or more. Will the plumbing work better by converting 2 holding tanks to one? likely, but the Tige surf system plumbing works pretty dang good. Better then others that tried a similar thing as a plug-n-play.
                    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I was thinking along the same lines Chpthril. I have a friend with a 12’ RZ2 and another with a 15’ RZ2. I’m almost positive they both have the same ballast setup and we’re throwing around ideas to increase the weight. It looks like it may work best to just get a bigger PNP bag for both rear lockers or add some lead wake bags but with the flex in the floor I’m curious what kinda weight others have got away with running on top of those factory hard tanks.

In my friends 15’ there are two bags in the bow. I think you mentioned that those bags are 400 lbs each. What was the other setup in the bow that was just 400 lbs? Was it a single U shaped bag?

Comment

Jetdriver
                        We've upsized to L bags on top of tank and have yet to see floor or tank fail. Dividers are a different story. Seems like most the blown out dividers are because guys want max size bag to fill locker, but then fill with their 4 person tube and gear on top and it really wreaks havoc on the dividers. No common sense.
                        I've only seen the dual bags up front, but pretty sure our sales guys only optioned pro/surf XL on our boats
                        Last edited by freeheel4life; 03-01-2018, 07:19 PM.

Comment

I was thinking along the same lines Chpthril. I have a friend with a 12’ RZ2 and another with a 15’ RZ2. I’m almost positive they both have the same ballast setup and we’re throwing around ideas to increase the weight. It looks like it may work best to just get a bigger PNP bag for both rear lockers or add some lead wake bags but with the flex in the floor I’m curious what kinda weight others have got away with running on top of those factory hard tanks.

In my friends 15’ there are two bags in the bow. I think you mentioned that those bags are 400 lbs each. What was the other setup in the bow that was just 400 lbs? Was it a single U shaped bag?
                          Since the release of the 2009 model, 1st year with sub floor tanks, we've been fitting them with 1200-1400 lb custom sacs. Not one issue with the floor. 22 and 24 Ve, RZ2 and RZ4, Z3 and Z1.

two bow sacs would be the old Pro level ballast and they were advertised @ 400 each. Base and Surf level option has the single 400 sac, but i think it was actually a little more then 400.

Comment

I’m curious what kinda weight others have got away with running on top of those factory hard tanks.
                            I have the hard tanks and I have a MLA upgraded bag - also run 100lbs of lead under the bag/on top of the tank. No issues so far...

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X