No announcement yet.

RONIX vs HYPERLITE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have a ronix one, but have ridden many ronix's, hyperlites and liquid forces.. i would say the boards with the best pop IMO are the older versions of the liquid force lyman, the ibex, or the hyperlite marek... i have ridden the watson and watson hybrid last year and thats the board im moving to because it has solid pop but is really soft on the landings. I found that the hybrid has more of a prgessive edging pattern than the regular watson
    Here's to swimming with bow-legged women

Comment

I went from an older hyperlite premier to a 2010 ronix ibex, to a 2010 ronix one, to a 2011 ronix one atr, to a 2011 viva. If you are looking for consistency go with the Viva. It is also really fast and loose if you like that in a board. Also if you are a bigger guy go with the ATR edition. The reason I had so many of the boards listed is because I kept breaking them. I didn't break the ATR one but I didn't like it and used the local shops performance guarantee to trade it for the viva. Only reason I didn't get the ATR viva is they were out of my size and said if I break the normal version they will hook me up with the ATR.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruizza View Post
        I went from an older hyperlite premier to a 2010 ronix ibex, to a 2010 ronix one, to a 2011 ronix one atr, to a 2011 viva. If you are looking for consistency go with the Viva. It is also really fast and loose if you like that in a board. Also if you are a bigger guy go with the ATR edition. The reason I had so many of the boards listed is because I kept breaking them. I didn't break the ATR one but I didn't like it and used the local shops performance guarantee to trade it for the viva. Only reason I didn't get the ATR viva is they were out of my size and said if I break the normal version they will hook me up with the ATR.
        Thanks for the opinion that is what im looking for. I have been leaning toward the viva and after your response I think ill give it a try.

Comment

I have a 2011 Viva ATR with Kai open toe bindings. It's a great setup.
          I tested the District, Vault, Mana & Viva and fell in love with the Viva. It's fast and gives a lot of distance across the wake. I use the ramp fins when it's choppy and the slider fins when it's glassy to give it a little looser feel. It's definitely a fun board to ride.

Comment

CTravis made a good point going down to the .8 slider or normal fins is better IMHO than the standard 1" fins.

Comment

What are you doing that the boards are breaking and where are they breaking?

Comment

Mostly backrolls when they were breaking or landing out in the flats. everY single one broke just in front of the rear binding. My crew has broken well over 10 Ronix boards and a few hyperlites. One guy in the crew alone is on his 7th Ronix. He got the ATR edition and hasn't broken one since. All of us are at least 6ft tall and 200+lbs.
                Last edited by Bruizza; 04-05-2012, 08:24 PM. Reason: Damn iPad.

Comment

Mostly backrolls when they were breaking or landing out in the flats. everY single one broke just in front of the rear binding. My crew has broken well over 10 Ronix boards and a few hyperlites. One guy in the crew alone is on his 7th Ronix. He got the ATR edition and hasn't broken one since. All of us are at least 6ft tall and 200+lbs.
                  Are you paying for the new ones, the shop working with you, or are they being warrantied?

Comment

Every single one was covered under warranty. They were all bought and warrantied at Tommy's.

Comment

Tommys is great with boating stuff and warranty
                      www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
                      http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

That was what I figured.

Comment

I went to my local shop today to purchase a new board and with the issue of broken ronix boards I wanted to find out more before dropping 450 on a board that may break. The salesman said he was aware of the problem and that it was on 2011 boards that would break just in front of the rear binding. He said ronix tried a different foam that year and since have gone back to the foam that they used in 2010 and made it a little thicker. I decided to give ronix a try and I hope I made the right decision with a 2012 VIVA.

Comment

I am also looking at the Ronix Viva or the Liquid Force Witness. Just got back from Wakeboard camp which is sponsored with Liquid Force so I tried a few of LF.

I am just an intermediate rider at best but this is what I found;
                            Shane: super soft on landings but really really loose. Hard to control for me.
                            Harley: board was really good easy to control. not a very fast board though. but the boots were amazing!
                            Witness: everything was great on this board. I progressed more on that board in 1 afternoon than every other board.
                            S4: alot like the Harley but better edging.
                            Watson: very similar to the witness but the watson boots hurt so bad I couldn't really get a good feel.

I had the Vault and is a amazing entry level board I am a Ronix fan so I am looking at the Viva but am concerned about the "sharpe edge" vs. the variable edge. not sure how the sharp edge reacts when doing surface tricks or butter slides. worried about catching that agressive edge.

Comment

Just swap out the 1"fins on the viva for either the.8" slider fins or .8" regular fins. Won't have to worry about it then.

Comment

Working...
                              X