RONIX vs HYPERLITE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RONIX vs HYPERLITE

Looking into getting a new set-up and would like to hear options about both. I think im going to try the hyperlite system bindings but when it comes to the board im looking at hyperlite Murray or b side and for ronix brand the ibex, bill or viva. Im looking for a board with good pop but east to ride and consistent. Im still riding a old hyperlite premier and I figure its time to upgrade.

I got my son a 2011 Bill. Can't tell you yet how it will ride. My buddy went from an older premier to a 2011 trip after riding mine. I wanted more pop and went with a 2011 Harley. Unfortunately, I couldn't demo but have heard good things about them. I had talked with several different pro shop's and was looking at the One or Harley. Coming from the Trip the all recommended the Harley.

How did you narrow down to the brands and models? That may give others some insight on a direction to point you.

I think a lot of this comes down to personal preference and riding style. I wish I had a way to demo several different boards at the same time. Then again I have been warned by several that I will wonder what I was thinking getting the Harley but after a couple of rides I will be loving it.

Comment

I ride a CWB Marius.It is all of the above.If you get a continuous Rocker board it will be more consistent off the wake.It will also be faster to the wake than a Three stage.The three stage produces more straight up pop or buck as some say.A friend of mine has a B-side and he likes it.Is there a particular reason you aren't considering a Liquid Force or a CWB? I'M 52 and this is me last year on my CWB Marius. It has pop!
      Attached Files
      I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Do you ride cable or only boat?
        Ive riddem the systems and was not impressed...

Comment

And ive ridden a bill its nice and fast and has good pop, definitely a fun shape if youre llooking for a looser board that van stilll boost.

Comment

Im open to any brand. I just have to start somewhere and from looking around I found those two to be most popular.
            Thanks for the info ill look at cwb......liquid force has never interested me but ill take a look.

Comment

Never ridden a park and probably never will

Comment

Originally posted by JreisRZR View Post
                Do you ride cable or only boat?
                Ive riddem the systems and was not impressed...
                What did you not like about the system bindings

Comment

Well, the toe straps do not fit the boots quite right, you don't gain any real board control, the boots are obnoxious, would you wear shoes around you boat? No, so you're going to end up walking to the swim deck to put them on, which takes even longer because you have to put boots and bindings on, there's ladder straps, high backs, ratchets and baseplate to break and replace along with laces in your boots instead of just a base plate and laces that can break... and they suck to swim in.
                  All that said they do let you customize fit a bit better and therefore you can do more poked out tuck knees etc. as well as share one board shape for 2 people if you have to share.
                  Honestly I would just say if boat is your main focus to stick with another binding. My friend only rides boat and is upgrading after only one summer of use because he got so annoyed, and I felt the same when i tried them. I don't wanna put you off if you have your heart set but IMO they are a lot more trouble Than any benefit...

Comment

Ive riden CWB, liquid force, hyperlite and Ronix.. If I couldnt have ronix Id buy a cwb.. But riding all of them nothing compares to how a ronix ride.. I own the Bill, the one and Ibex ATR... I ride the Ibex ATR the most because I like its overal ride.. My buddy that used to ride a CWB rode my bill board and just from the switching board he gets about twice the height he was getting and he said its night and day difference! Id say try some and see what you like.. OUr local ski shop has a ride gurantee if you doint like it try something else.. Maybe yours has the same thing
                    www.1320diesel.com Home of the Fastest Diesels!
                    http://youtu.be/dEDdM0Y3IGs?hd=1

Comment

Originally posted by adamsjstt View Post
                      Im open to any brand. I just have to start somewhere and from looking around I found those two to be most popular.
                      Thanks for the info ill look at cwb......liquid force has never interested me but ill take a look.
                      The Liquid Force Witness and Watson Hybrid are my two favorite LF boards.As far as ronix i haven't ridden one but i like how flexible the Relic bindings are.I also have a Hyperlite Roam board,but only use it for edging drills and surface tricks.I agree with Wickedcummins you should demo a few different boards to see what you like best.
                      I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

If you havent heard enough opinions yet ill throw mine in, I have the Systems and love them but as everyone knows we all have our own preferences. I still have my Ronix Relik boots and they are great too.

IMO Ronix makes the best boards, behind them i could make arguements for some others but they are top of my list. I have an Ibex and it is fast and tons of pop but free and loose at times. If you are looking for consistent and locked in all the time i would consider a different ride. The One board i would say is a huge favorite in many peoples minds... When the best wakeboarder in the world designs and rides his own board you know its gonna be good, when he is backed by the best company you cant go wrong. But again this is all just my view on things.

As far as boots, the low top free style of the Relik is great for grabs, pokes, stuff of that nature that requires ankle flex to complete. A high top will give the most ankle support and wont allow for as much flex. Your mid rise is just the compromise between the two. So if you ride and like to grab and poke then you need to find bindingsd that accomodate your style, if you want more support and less flex then go towards a mid or high.

As far as the systems go someone mentioned they are a pain in the boat and i somewhat agree, they take longer to get ready than do a traditional pair of bindings, they float pretty well so swimming in them is different also, but if you think that the pros outweigh the cons then they are worth it. I tested a pair before i bought and i opted to buy them bc in my mind they gave the most board response and control both on the water and in air. Im not trying to point you towards or away from anything just pointing out my views on some of the ways you are thinking about going.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhatchett View Post
                          If you havent heard enough opinions yet ill throw mine in, I have the Systems and love them but as everyone knows we all have our own preferences. I still have my Ronix Relik boots and they are great too.

IMO Ronix makes the best boards, behind them i could make arguements for some others but they are top of my list. I have an Ibex and it is fast and tons of pop but free and loose at times. If you are looking for consistent and locked in all the time i would consider a different ride. The One board i would say is a huge favorite in many peoples minds... When the best wakeboarder in the world designs and rides his own board you know its gonna be good, when he is backed by the best company you cant go wrong. But again this is all just my view on things.

As far as boots, the low top free style of the Relik is great for grabs, pokes, stuff of that nature that requires ankle flex to complete. A high top will give the most ankle support and wont allow for as much flex. Your mid rise is just the compromise between the two. So if you ride and like to grab and poke then you need to find bindingsd that accomodate your style, if you want more support and less flex then go towards a mid or high.

As far as the systems go someone mentioned they are a pain in the boat and i somewhat agree, they take longer to get ready than do a traditional pair of bindings, they float pretty well so swimming in them is different also, but if you think that the pros outweigh the cons then they are worth it. I tested a pair before i bought and i opted to buy them bc in my mind they gave the most board response and control both on the water and in air. Im not trying to point you towards or away from anything just pointing out my views on some of the ways you are thinking about going.
                          Can never hear to many opinions thanks for sharing. From all the reviews I've read im leaning toward a ronix bill. I thought my mind was set a the system binding but after some reviews im still looking around.I would love to demo first but time is something im limited on and im not sure if a demo is even possible for me without driving a couple hrs one way to a lake with a near by dealer that put on demos.

Comment

well I had never rode a a cable park.. but I can say this much after trying it once I would so go with the system stuff for a cable setup.... but probably not anywhere else. just because i dont run around my boat in anything but bare feet.

I love the viva... great board.. great edge.. been riding one for 2 seasons now and I love it.. never road a bill.. but ronix makes great gear imho.
                            2011 Tigé RZ4
                            www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

I rode a Ronix One and felt like my CWB Transcend was better suited for me. My favorite board to date was a Company board but I had heard they were going out of biz.

Comment

Working...
                              X