No announcement yet.

Looking for new bindings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the 2011 Ronix Relik's on a 2011 One board and like them. I think I'm going to order a pair of 2012 Frank boots though. The Frank boots have built in J bars for ankle support which I really like. The Relik's are removable which is a pain since you have to remove them each time.

I'm also thinking about getting a 2012 Bill board. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Comment

At risk of sounding naive, what are j bars and why do you need to remove them?
      Wilson

Comment

I think you should consider something out of the LF line. My son rides the Watson's closed toe boots on a Watson board. FYI - if you bought a '12 LF board note they've change to a metric M6 screw insert on the boards.

Comment

Originally posted by wakewilson View Post
          At risk of sounding naive, what are j bars and why do you need to remove them?
          They are foam like support bars that Velcro in that help with heel lift and provide some support behind your ankle, along either side of your achilles.

I just did a search for Ronix J-Bars to find a pic and I ran across several threads on WW about them. I feel like a dummy! I was putting them inside the liner once I had my foot in the boot each time. It sucked cause it took too long and I always felt like I might lose them if I came out of my bindings or while taking them off.

The Relik's didn't really come with instructions as to how to put them in...I guess I should have Googled it. They go in between the liner and the boot!

Comment

I bought a 2011 LF Watson. I'm pretty sure the anchors are still universal. I looked at the Watson binding but don't really care for them as much as the Ronix.

Anyone else mix and match manuf board/bindings?
            Last edited by wakewilson; 02-17-2012, 02:07 PM.
            Wilson

Comment

I would highly consider the LF Watson OT to go with your Watson board. I have the 2011 complete Watson setup and absolutely love it. Best bindings I've ever owned. Easy to get into and velcro straps last forever compared to the lace up boots. When they are cinched down tight it is nearly impossible to pop out of them. The foot bed is so comfortable that I could literally ride all day long. They run big though, I am usually a 11.5 shoe size and I own the size 10 boots. I prefer the OT vs the closed toe because I like having my feet open to the water...it is summer you know

I have owned the CWB hinge boots before and they were nice for the ease in and out, but I seemed to pop out of them all the time and the strings broke after 3 seasons. Plus unless they have improved the foot bed, they used to really wear out my heals on long runs. You're gonna love that board!

Comment

Originally posted by wakewilson View Post
                I bought a 2011 LF Watson. I'm pretty sure the anchors are still universal. I looked at the Watson binding but don't really care for them as much as the Ronix.

Anyone else mix and match manuf board/bindings?

Yes, I currently ride a 2011 Byerly Conspiracy with 2011 Hyperlite System bindings, I also have the 2010 Ronix Relik boot... just use each binding for different ride styles. The only thing to know when mixing board and binding brand is whether or not the bindings are on the same mounting scale as the board holes; in most cases its the same, but always good to check before spending.

Comment

I'm not sure if you are still looking for bindings but I'm selling my size 11 Ronix Relik's for $200. I bought them new last June. I just pulled them off my One board for a pair of Kai's. I'm going to use this setup as my boat board for anyone to use who doesn't have or bring their own board.

I ended up going with the new One Time Bomb and One Defy series boots. I can't wait to get it out on the water.

Comment

Working...
                  X