Looking for new bindings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for new bindings

I just bought a new LF Watson board and I'm looking for some new bindings. Anyone have suggestions? I'm thinking about Ronix Kai because they have a baseless mounting system and they seem light. Anyone have experience with Ronix or others they like?
    Wilson

I bought my son the open toed Kai for xmas. I know that many have commented on the Ronix One boot as being good. Some of it will depend on how you like the feel of the boot no different than a pair of shoes. They don't all fit and feel the same for everyone.

Comment

As to your question about Ronix, yes they have very good boots... quite possibly one of the best boots on the market. I have had two sets of Relik bindings and loved them both. Ronix has a style to match varrying riding styles or preferences, my advice would be go into your board shop if you have one and try them on and see how they feel on.

The baseless mounting system is super light but still sturdy, it gives great response directly to the board and gives you tons of control.

Comment

I love the baseless mount on my Slingshot Rads. Importantly, they are sooooo easy to get in and out of. The two zone cinch system is really nice too.

Ronix was always my fav until switching to Slingshot boards/bindings.

Comment

i have never tried the slingshots, but i have started riding the hyperlite system and i must say they are growing on me!! the response is unreal, it doesnt seem like it responds on your feet quite like the baseless ronix but the cut and control is amazing. I like how they mount directly to the board and then strap in, it is quick and easy; the only concern i have is longevity of use, im scared that after a few hard crashes the straps will loose the hold and thats not good.

Comment

I LOVE MY RONIX BOOTS!!! i have had the same cell's since 09 and i wont be buying new ones for a while
            Here's to swimming with bow-legged women

Comment

Originally posted by MTtigekid View Post
              I LOVE MY RONIX BOOTS!!! i have had the same cell's since 09 and i wont be buying new ones for a while
              I loved my 08 Ronix Cells. I like the stiffness of the boot.

Comment

If you can go to a dealer and get a chance to try on different pairs that is the way to go. Try them and you will find subtle differences in them and may find a good pair you hate and a pair you really like. Also if you have some buddies try thiers out to. It is all personal prefference in a boot/binding system.
                Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions fellas.
                  Wilson

Comment

I have both CWB Answer and CWB Marius bindings.The hinge lock technology make them easy on and easy off.They are a medium stiffness.
                    I do all my own stunt work. hey ya'll watch dis.

Comment

Originally posted by robert theisen View Post
                      I have both CWB Answer and CWB Marius bindings.The hinge lock technology make them easy on and easy off.They are a medium stiffness.
                      My wife has closed toe CWB, our general bindings are open toe CWB, and a friend rides Answer. That hinge tends to come open on all of them during rides. Do you have that issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                        I loved my 08 Ronix Cells. I like the stiffness of the boot.
                        im right there with you on that.. i like having something solid under me, tried the relik's for while but they were way too soft for my taste
                        Here's to swimming with bow-legged women

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
                          My wife has closed toe CWB, our general bindings are open toe CWB, and a friend rides Answer. That hinge tends to come open on all of them during rides. Do you have that issue?
                          Haven't had any issues riding.Sometimes comes loose on a bad crash though.

Comment

I currently have 07 CWB vapor's with hinge tech. They are great for in and out but really don't feel like they are a performance binding. They are too loose and not enough high support in my opinion. Was hoping that the Ronix's will be stiffer and anxious to try the baseless system.
                            Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by wakewilson View Post
                              I currently have 07 CWB vapor's with hinge tech. They are great for in and out but really don't feel like they are a performance binding. They are too loose and not enough high support in my opinion. Was hoping that the Ronix's will be stiffer and anxious to try the baseless system.
                              The answers and Marius have much more support and comfort than the vapors.The Ronix relics are very flexible.You can move more freely for pokes and tweaks.

Comment

Working...
                              X