No announcement yet.

beginner boarders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok guys, which is the easiest invert to learn first, a backflip or a tantrum???

Comment

Originally posted by dingleberry View Post
      I would like to say that if you go to a local boardshop and they spend the time to help you figure out what you want - please reward them with the sale. You will likely be able to find the same setups for cheaper online, but at least give them the chance to do their best to come close on a price. If you use their expertise and then buy elsewhere, you have no one to blame but yourself if they are not open for business the next time you need help.
      Ditto... My oldest son is working part time in the store now because we always go to my local shop and purchase the majority of my boards there. I have received some hug discounts and when I walk in, both owner and wife know me by first name. I could might not step foot in the store for 3-6 weeks but as soon as I do, they say "Hello Dave, how are you doing". Nice to know that they are there for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fit to be Tige View Post
        ok guys, which is the easiest invert to learn first, a backflip or a tantrum???
        we just taught a friend to do backrolls and he kept trying and trying then one day came off the wake and landed beautifully!! but what he landed happened to be a tantrum rather than the backroll... now he keeps going for his tantrums because he is more comfortable with the style of cut he needs to launch it.

so i guess what im saying is maybe the rider would best be able to decide which is better for him/her.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhatchett View Post
          we just taught a friend to do backrolls and he kept trying and trying then one day came off the wake and landed beautifully!! but what he landed happened to be a tantrum rather than the backroll... now he keeps going for his tantrums because he is more comfortable with the style of cut he needs to launch it.

so i guess what im saying is maybe the rider would best be able to decide which is better for him/her.
          So, technically they are about the same in difficulty? Just depends on which way the rider is more comfortable going? I guess maybe it is just getting up the balls to give one of them a go!

Comment

Originally posted by Fit to be Tige View Post
            So, technically they are about the same in difficulty? Just depends on which way the rider is more comfortable going? I guess maybe it is just getting up the balls to give one of them a go!
            yes i believe your right, its all a comfort thing so take a look at some "How To" videos that explain the type of cut needed and that stuff and just see which fits your/their style the best.

And def getting the balls is a big part, my first one i tried ended up being terrible but i know what i did wrong and now ive worked on fixing it and it is awesome now.

Comment

Ok, we went out this morning and the water was perfect. So I gave the backroll a try. Try #1 about half way around. By the 4th or 5th try the board hit the water first! Now I just need someone to take video so I can see what the heck I'm doing!!!

I was pleasantly surprised that the crashes didn't really hurt that bad (knock on wood).

Comment

Working...
              X