No announcement yet.

HO Triumph or Connelly F1X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1X is the same design as the F1 just with a slighlty wider shape.
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

I think I'm going to go with the F1X...I can get up and ride just fine with it, but just get fatigued quickly. So I was thinking of going with something wider so I could stay out longer.

But the best solution is to get more time on the water with the F1X so I don't get so tired! Waiting for the next nice day.

Comment

Must be nice to have a nice day coming. I'll be waiting until April for it to even be 50 degrees. Oh Well. Have fun!

Comment

The F1X is still in the lineup for 2009, it and the Triumph are a little wider than a traditional ski which allow them to ride a little higher out of the water at 26-32 mph skiing. For open waterskiing both are a great option with the Triumph having a little smoother ride in rough water due to its keel like design, I'd give the F1X the edge in bindings.

The Concept is probably the best selling Connelly of all time, it is a traditional width ski with a fairly soft flex pattern and a dual radius tunnel. Basically it is easy to ski yet hooks up extremely well. I usually put 43-34 mph skiers on this ski, the 30 mph skiers are usually best suited to the F1X and Triumph skis.
          www.waterskis.com

Comment

I love my 67" F1

Comment

If you are still in the market we have a carry over F1X 65" that we could put any Connelly Binding on. It has never been in the water. I can send you hi res pics if you like. No sales tax in Montana
              with Large Stoker front and open toe rear
              we have it close out priced for $225
              Shipping would be extra.
              "Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted....the problem is I don't know which half."

Comment

Well here is what I got from Santa

Comment

SWEET!

Comment

Looking good! Can't wait to see it in the water.
                    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Nice looking stick Joe!!!! Got to see you ride it this summer

Comment

The f1x is basically the same ski as the F1, but costigan hit it on the head that the F1x is wider. This makes it a perfect ski to grow into. the triumph is a great beginner ski, but I think its potential is more limited than the F1x. Don't get me wrong, the triumph will still shred, but it is even bigger than the f1x. I would say if you have no aspirations to ski a course and just like getting out behind the boat the triumph would be the better choice. If you plan on improving your skiing and eventually moving into and around the buoys the F1x is the better choice -- it won't be such a huge jump to your next, higher-end slalom.
                        Read more about slalom skiing at http://www.proskicoach.com

Comment

Wow! Now that is some expert advise.

Welcome to the board Wade! Don't be a stranger, we can use your help.

http://www.wadewilliams.com/
                          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by WadeWilliams View Post
                            The f1x is basically the same ski as the F1, but costigan hit it on the head that the F1x is wider. This makes it a perfect ski to grow into. the triumph is a great beginner ski, but I think its potential is more limited than the F1x. Don't get me wrong, the triumph will still shred, but it is even bigger than the f1x. I would say if you have no aspirations to ski a course and just like getting out behind the boat the triumph would be the better choice. If you plan on improving your skiing and eventually moving into and around the buoys the F1x is the better choice -- it won't be such a huge jump to your next, higher-end slalom.
                            That pretty much sums up what I was told. I don't plan on skiing buoys, but I guess since I'm still young, nimble, and only weight 150lbs the F1X seemed to be the one.

Comment

I have an older f1x and i really like it. Are those the Draft bindings? I am envious of the bindings.

Comment

Working...
                              X