HO Triumph or Connelly F1X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HO Triumph or Connelly F1X

I'm looking at getting a new ski. My parents bought us kids a Connelly F1X 67. I really like it however I am by no means as skilled as most of you, and probably do not use it to its full potential. I also get fatigued quickly and wish I could stay out longer. My parents like 7 hours away and i can only borrow it when they take their boat out also, so I'm in the market for a new ski for me and not my brothers.

Right now I'm undecided between the HO Triumph (65) and a Connelly F1X (65). I weigh 145 lbs and ski around 30 mph recreationally. I feel like the F1X is a bit more high performance than my current skill level, but I definitely feel like can advance into it (now that I have my own boat). The Triumph seems to be a wider template and more for an intermediate skier, is there going to be room for me to progress into this ski? I have no issues with deep water starts.

What do you think, or should I be looking at something else? Any help, input, or reviews on any skis would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Joe
    Connelly F1X (65")
    62.50%
    HO Triumph (65")
    12.50%
    ...something else, please explain
    25.00%

Based on my expierences I would go with the ski that will allow you to progress the most.

If deep water starts are not a problem I think the F1X would be best with the narrower shape, because It will allow better edging and manueverability.
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Joe, do you run a course?

Comment

No, I don't run courses, and probably don't plan on it. That is kind of why I'm leaning towards the Triumph.

Comment

I have the same issue that you do that I can only stay out for short sets. I tried them both and found the Triumph to be a bit more forgiving for me but I am also just skiing recreationally and plan on staying at that level.

If you want to get better and have aspirations though, the FX is likely the better choice. Its all about choosing the ski that you want to grow into. I am done growing.

Comment

The best way to make sure is to demo the ski, most pro shops will let you try before you buy!! I would be more partial to the HO its been my ski of choice for many years. Bottom line ski with what you are comfortable with, and when your ready to move up just do it!!

Comment

I have the FX and find it a great recreational ski that will shoot allow you to hone some skills but not wear you ou.t like an F1 will do. Upgrade bindings

Comment

I was looking online and couldn't find the Connelly FX...has it been replaced with the Concept???

Edit: Nevermind I couldn't find it on their site, but found it at Overtons.
                Last edited by Joeprunc; 11-26-2008, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeprunc View Post
                  I was looking online and couldn't find the Connelly FX...has it been replaced with the Concept???
                  did you check ebay?
                  "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

I was just on Overtons and found one...It looks like Connelly now calls it the Outlaw.

The FX (Outlaw) looks quite wide, and more of a beginner ski? Or am I wrong?

Comment

are you riding double boot or toe plate?
                      "I feel sorry for people that don't drink, when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Comment

My parents F1X has Double Fastback Boots. I definitely like the feeling of having two boots.

Comment

Double boots are definitely the way to go. I would never go back. Also, I used to ski on a Concept and it was a great ski. I recently upgraded to the F1. Also a good ski but a bit more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Costigan View Post
                            Double boots are definitely the way to go. I would never go back. Also, I used to ski on a Concept and it was a great ski. I recently upgraded to the F1. Also a good ski but a bit more money.
                            What are some noticeable differences between the two? Could you see yourself going back and riding the Concept? or is the F1 now the only ski you ride?

I'm starting to think I just need to sack up and get the F1X...although I will feel kind of silly for having the exact same ski as my parents.

Comment

The F1 feels a lot faster. It took me a year to transition into it from the concept. I kept going back to the concept because it was what I was used to. I rode it for 11 years. I would have no trouble going back to it if I needed to. It was definitely a little easier to ride. Also, this is the F1, not the F1X just to make that clear. I am not sure what the difference is between those two. I think the F1X may be a little wider.

Comment

Working...
                              X