Does anyone slalom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, you guys are definitely more hardcore than I am
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by Jason B View Post
      Crash Pictures!!!! Post 'em
      I have a couple of good ones at home. I'll post tonight

Comment

Here's another one from the same day. Obviously 5-ball was a problem all day....
        Attached Files

Comment

Having a rotten day all around
          Attached Files

Comment

My wife and I ski, my daughter wakeboards and we all surf.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              Outstanding!
              I knew it couldn't all be wakesports, and I am not the slightest bit surprised to find out that Tige' owners are the ones that want the best of both worlds. It seems to be what this boat has to offer.

bfrank - I have an arsenal to ride this year. Decision time will come in March when the ice rolls off the lake. My favorite is the Monza. Got rid of the '05 and the '07 because I prefer the '06. I also have boots on a Prophesy that I'm holding out high hopes for and was blown away by the Yellow Fisher (orange....not so much) and the MPD at the ski test this year. You're not that far from us here in Ohio. If you want to ski behind a newer Tige' you have a standing invite to come down and take sets behind my '08 20i. It's an incrediblely capable hull.

bk3104 - I love your older/wiser quote It's no different here. Aside from the collegiate skiers it seems like 35 and over (especially the men) ski, everyone else (and the women folk) boards.

I'm going to try and pump up the slalom part of this forum board even if I have to do it with crash pictures
              Although the 20V I purchased and will use in 2008 is my first Tige we (collective 5 of us in extebded family) do not board or wakesurf. We ski. Only slalom. When we are wiped from slalom sking the under 45 group turn to Air Chairs(hydrofoils) to relax and then its back to slalom runs for the afternoon and tube wars after that. My Tige will take on the duties of towing for these activities and we of course will flatten the wake for slalom and generate a big wake for hydrofoiling and tubing.

Comment

We have driven my friend's 2007 20V through the course and it's surprisingly good. 32-off and 35-off are flat as a table top.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  Doesn't anyone slalom over here? Or is Tige's domination of the perfect wake shape turned everyone into wakesports people?
                  Oh Yeah.

2006 22Ve. Older now and not in shape any more, so recently: Down to 34mph, back out to 15 loop, lengthened to 70 in ski. TAPS 3. Amazing what the "wall" looks like with a little "cropping"
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by MRMoffat1; 02-14-2008, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MRMoffat1 View Post
                    Oh Yeah.

2006 22Ve. Older now and not in shape any more, so recently: Down to 34mph, back out to 15 loop, lengthened to 70 in ski. TAPS 3. Amazing what the "wall" looks like with a little "cropping"
                    Nice. I like the thumbs up and even the cut. Me I am on injured reserve! Took out left knee. Started with meniscus tear which compounded into a partial knee replacement that compounded again with tissue scarring issues and the third PT session. Last season the lead knee would not stand the pressure of getting up so more PT punishment starting 2/18 and going thru May 1. I feel the need to ski again.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Lab_trainer View Post
                      Nice. I like the thumbs up and even the cut. Me I am on injured reserve! Took out left knee. Started with meniscus tear which compounded into a partial knee replacement that compounded again with tissue scarring issues and the third PT session. Last season the lead knee would not stand the pressure of getting up so more PT punishment starting 2/18 and going thru May 1. I feel the need to ski again.
                      Geez, get over it already...or are we going to have to break out walker?

Seriously, for my best friends 40th birthday, we got some old wooden skis and mounted a walker to it. He actually tried it out the next day. I wish I had a digital picture of that...it was funny.

Good luck with the PT! It definitely sucks getting old.
                      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Getting old is tough. For the first time this year (and from now on no doubt), my 18 year old son (who of course wakeboards) passed me up in skill and stamina on the double diamond runs up at Crystal.

Here is another comparison: Look at where the handle is on the photo of Hammer (post 18) vs me. Clearly Hammer is much much younger/stronger . . . . . . .
                        Last edited by MRMoffat1; 02-15-2008, 02:30 AM.

Comment

I *heart* slalom

Common Sense is not so Common
                          Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
                            I *heart* slalom

Hey zad what's that boat you're riding behind?

Very nice pix...
                            http://www.linkedin.com/in/zachgarcia
                            http://www.facebook.com/people/Zach-Garcia/1327360382

Comment

I'll play

Comment

Originally posted by Lunchbox View Post
                                Hey zad what's that boat you're riding behind?

Very nice pix...
                                Its a Malibu

It was at a tournament
                                Last edited by zad0030; 02-15-2008, 06:01 PM.
                                Common Sense is not so Common
                                Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X