Does anyone slalom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone slalom?

Doesn't anyone slalom over here? Or is Tige's domination of the perfect wake shape turned everyone into wakesports people?

Once a year at least, whether I need it or not
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Doesn't anyone slalom over here? Or is Tige's domination of the perfect wake shape turned everyone into wakesports people?
      Whenever my 50 yo knees let me. I Finally bought a fat body ski to see if it helps. DIdn't buy the boat for big air wakeboarding. Bought it for Air Charing and a wake to launch from.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        It is what it is........I only slalom and absolutly love my boat. I have yet to ski behine a newer Tige, so I cant give an honest opinion.
        My tige has an awesome wake.

What ski are you riding??

Comment

We do on occasion. It mostly depends on the yearnings of our guests. Our older friends want to ski almost exclusively and our younger friends want nothing but wake play. Personally, I like both--variety is good.
          Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Every once in a while.
            The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

As Jason B says ... us older (wiser ?) one still ski. All the kids want to board and when it gets rough, tube. That's why I like the flexibility of the Tige. Great for boarding and good for skiing. I actually taught my son to ski first and then he went to the boards.

Comment

SWEET!

Outstanding!
                I knew it couldn't all be wakesports, and I am not the slightest bit surprised to find out that Tige' owners are the ones that want the best of both worlds. It seems to be what this boat has to offer.

bfrank - I have an arsenal to ride this year. Decision time will come in March when the ice rolls off the lake. My favorite is the Monza. Got rid of the '05 and the '07 because I prefer the '06. I also have boots on a Prophesy that I'm holding out high hopes for and was blown away by the Yellow Fisher (orange....not so much) and the MPD at the ski test this year. You're not that far from us here in Ohio. If you want to ski behind a newer Tige' you have a standing invite to come down and take sets behind my '08 20i. It's an incrediblely capable hull.

bk3104 - I love your older/wiser quote It's no different here. Aside from the collegiate skiers it seems like 35 and over (especially the men) ski, everyone else (and the women folk) boards.

I'm going to try and pump up the slalom part of this forum board even if I have to do it with crash pictures

Comment

Crash Pictures!!!! Post 'em
                  Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

My wife skis and she's over 40. She had a bad experience with a wakeboard and refuses to try it again. We did get her surfing this year and she loves that.
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by Jason B View Post
                      Crash Pictures!!!! Post 'em
                      I'll go 1st
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ill go second.

Still have yet to run the Monza. I am a die hard HO fan, but the Radar is starting to convert me. Since Herb is one of the main designers.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I love to slalom. I do it every time we go out. The routine is barefoot, slalom, wakeboard, wakeboard some more, trick ski, wakeboard some more, sleep. repeat

Comment

Originally posted by illiniboarder88 View Post
                            I love to slalom. I do it every time we go out. The routine is barefoot, slalom, wakeboard, wakeboard some more, trick ski, wakeboard some more, sleep. repeat
                            Where is the beer drinking involved in that equation?

Comment

I should have mentioned that is our morning routine. I get up early, head out in the boat for a few hours (3-4), come in, eat some breakfast, and take a nap.

Comment

Working...
                              X