No announcement yet.

Any kneeboarders in here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's cool! Every once in a while my kids break out the kneeboard. One of them can go wake-to-wake...kinda funny actually because when he lands he bounces a couple of times. They also like to come into the wake riding backwards and then do a 180 or 360 off of a 1 wake jump. No rolls yet, but maybe I'll show them these pics to get them motivated!
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Any comments on my wake? I think TAPS was at 7, just me and two 75lb boys in the boat. As I have mentioned, we have not experimented or tried any ballast in the boat yet. Oh, and I weigh like 170 or 175 soaking wet. Very little fuel in the tank at this point in the day too. Rider is at 70 ft and about 20 mph.
      Last edited by Fit to be Tige; 08-20-2009, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Your wake looks good. You can probably play with it more when you start weighting it. It's a fine balance between too rampy (where the wake falls over) and not enough. I usually adjust mine so it begins to fall over just behind the rider.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by jbort View Post
          Here is Jake's attempt at wakesurfing on a huge board we had at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeMqcWsVlSE
          I watched your video. If I may with respect say please be careful with a youngster that is learning and straped to the board. If you look at the pics of my daughter you will see she does not wear the starp. There is really no reason for beginners to strap in if they are not going to jump and if he were to fall and panic starped to the board it turns out bad. If He is comfy. with falling straped in great but please be careful. I had a little girl on my boat about 7yrs old her dad told me she could kneeboard so I didnt think much about it. She was doing fine then fell straped in.She drank alot of the lake before we got back to her. It was very scary. I now no longer let the youngsters strap in unless I am positive they can unhook when they fall. Just some food for thought. HAVE FUN!

Comment

Originally posted by jbort View Post
            Here is Jake's attempt at wakesurfing on a huge board we had at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeMqcWsVlSE
            jbort - Awesome video! What speed & rope length were you at?

Comment

doing about 10-12 mph and regular ski rope on Kaso board

Comment

love kneebording have some great boards 4 sale 1 trident ,1 joker .

Comment

I aquired a kneeboard with a boat I bought before the Tige'. I tried kneebaording when I was young and had no luck with one then. So my experience with these is limited. Now my kids want to try to use it.

Our 8 year old just figured out how to kneeboard and loves it. Our 7 year old wanted to try. I got her on the baord and she was able to balance. So we set her up, and began pulling. The board flipped, and she wasn't able to release the strap. She was able to keep her nose above the water to breathe and that's about it. Luckily she was on a short line and still close to the boat. I dove in after her, and made Michael Phelps look bad. I doubt she'll want to try again for a while. Anyhow...

If she asks to try again, is there any advice, or tricks, I can give her so she can release herself from the board? I'll probably just remove the strap all together for her next time.

Any ideas?
                  The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

No strap or they can just ride with it under themselves. My 8 year old has been riding for 3 years and still doesn't use the strap.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaminMN View Post
                      I aquired a kneeboard with a boat I bought before the Tige'. I tried kneebaording when I was young and had no luck with one then. So my experience with these is limited. Now my kids want to try to use it.

Our 8 year old just figured out how to kneeboard and loves it. Our 7 year old wanted to try. I got her on the baord and she was able to balance. So we set her up, and began pulling. The board flipped, and she wasn't able to release the strap. She was able to keep her nose above the water to breathe and that's about it. Luckily she was on a short line and still close to the boat. I dove in after her, and made Michael Phelps look bad. I doubt she'll want to try again for a while. Anyhow...

If she asks to try again, is there any advice, or tricks, I can give her so she can release herself from the board? I'll probably just remove the strap all together for her next time.

Any ideas?
                      read post #19.
                      All newbs should ride without the strap.No need to remove it just sinch it down and tell her to ride on top of it.

Comment

make sure when they do start to strap in make sure the strap is only single cinching and not double, a double will cinch much tighter and is harder to release but is great for tricks, the single is hard to get super tight and usually will let you fall out of it very easily.

a single strap is one that just un velcros from one side and you pull that side to tighten it, a double will allow you to un velcro both sides and tighten one side down and then the other getting a nice tight hold on your legs.

also I personally believe that Rotomold (plastic) boards are more dangerous than compression molded (fiberglass) because if you do get stuck in them they have a lot more boyancy which makes you float upside down, where as fiberglass boards like, HO joker, Element, obrien low rider, rush, or The holy grail Trident I can sit on it under the water strapped in and balance myself. Not only that, the fiberglass boards last longer, allow you to advance levels of skill, easier to control, and give you much more pop/ air. They also take up less room and can usually fit in board racks un like the rotomold boards.
                        2001 Tige 21V Fresh Air Exhaust, ballast, loud stereo, blue v drive, ACME 1235 prop Kneeboarding, Surfing, and having fun!

Comment

Working...
                        X