X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually...heres a guy selling a skyski pro for 1200.00 right now:
    http://www.foilforum.com/forums/show...59-2009-Pro-SS

Comment

To all who followed some of my posts regarding my brother in-law and the efforts they spent on trying to save his right leg.

After 11 months he had his right leg amputated below the knee.

They could not kill the infection and it was eating into his leg so after 11 months of hell the leg was taken Thursday.He went home yesterday and he is optimistic about the healing process and hopefully per his doctor he'll be able foil in July with or without a prosthesis.

He also has been told he may be able to slalom again. We'll see.
      He has been told by winter snow skiing will be possible and he'll be able take his labs to the river to swim. The end was unfortunate but in the long run he is far better than he was and with a positive attitude he'll recover quickly.

He no longer looks ill which is a marked improvement. He had no color in his face and after the stress and surgery were done things quickly changed. Most important is that he is alive and well and that his outlook is not grin and bear it anymore.

Thanks for the concern all.

Comment

That sucks....So sorry to hear that.

Hope he can get back on the hill & in the water soon.

Check out C.C. Roberts website. He used to be a prowakeboarder that lost the use of both legs after a car accident in 1997. It just shows that we can accomplish anything that we put our heart & mind to.

http://www.ccroberts.net/

Best of luck with his recovery!!!
        www.integrity-wake.com

Comment

Sorry to hear the news, but it sounds like it was the right decision. Hopefully he'll have a speedy recovery!!

Comment

Last Post.

Alan is out of hospital and doing fine. He went back to work in a Tool and Die shop 4 days after surgery. He has to go thru a bunch of steps to shape the remaining stump to fit into a prosthesis which may take 1-2 months and after that he is good to go. The constant pain is gone and he is upbeat because now they can formulate a plan with goals and actually make them. Thanks all for all the good vibes...

Comment

Last update I promise.

I last posted about my brother in law and his horrible motorcycle accident where he unfortunately lost his right leg after an eleven month battle.

After 3 years of getting back in the water he is back to hydrofoiling again with and without his prothesis. He was able to do this in 2010 and 3 years later from a distance you cannot tell by his flying that he lost the leg.

Over the last couple of years he tried to get back up on a slaom ski but was unable to due to his forward leg was one with prothesis. Since he was always trying new things one of our boating buddies is setup for surfing. Well in 2011 Alan started surfing at the end of the season and was plesantly surprised. Since then he has added the needed ballast to his boat and surfs regularly.

His biggest accomplishment was to re-learn to ski on a slalom ski as a lefty. He was able to do it in August on vacation down on Bullshoals. He has a way to goto haveawesome turns but he can enjoy the watersport he loved to do before his accident.

His can do attitude is a great example how an individual can overcome life's downturns.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyPity View Post

Last update I promise.

I last posted about my brother in law and his horrible motorcycle accident where he unfortunately lost his right leg after an eleven month battle.

After 3 years of getting back in the water he is back to hydrofoiling again with and without his prothesis. He was able to do this in 2010 and 3 years later from a distance you cannot tell by his flying that he lost the leg.

Over the last couple of years he tried to get back up on a slaom ski but was unable to due to his forward leg was one with prothesis. Since he was always trying new things one of our boating buddies is setup for surfing. Well in 2011 Alan started surfing at the end of the season and was plesantly surprised. Since then he has added the needed ballast to his boat and surfs regularly.

His biggest accomplishment was to re-learn to ski on a slalom ski as a lefty. He was able to do it in August on vacation down on Bullshoals. He has a way to goto haveawesome turns but he can enjoy the watersport he loved to do before his accident.

His can do attitude is a great example how an individual can overcome life's downturns.
                That is great to hear! Thanks for the update!
                If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

Working...
                X