No announcement yet.

2012 Tige Z3 - Starting when key is in on position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It also seems somewhat odd that you are seeing one volt on pin 85 with the key off but isnt what's causing the coil to energize.[/QUOTE]

I think I was getting 1V on PIN 86 not 85

Comment

Sorry, typo. Yes the 1v on pin86 is odd, but it's not your issue and dont think it's related. Do you have a 343 or a 409??
      Last edited by freeheel4life; 07-15-2019, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Do you have a 343 or a 409??[/QUOTE]

I have a 2012 Tige Z3 with the 343PCM. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

If 86 is the ground, then the 1V is likely due to the relay ground having some resistance compared to the ground source the meter is using.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Fired the boat up today it started with the key in the “ON” position I figured I’d pull it out of the water to continue to work on it. I drove it around the lake at a moderate maybe 20MPH and it seemed to run real lean. When I got to the trailer it was pretty close to stalling? Again this is an intermittent issue if it’s cool (weather wise) out the boat will start as it is supposed too in the crank position. As soon as it gets above about 70 degrees outside the boat becomes Dr. Jekyll and decides it wants to start with the key in the “ON” Position. I am going to Lake Shasta tomorrow for a week. I will try to jump the purple and red wires when I get back hopefully trying to find the short. Chasing and electrical short seems like bitch in boats and the dealer is 2 hours away.

Comment

What about it's running state makes you think its lean?? Only reason I ask if it was truly lean I would think youd be getting at least the yellow engine light or a red light at the helm on your helm??

Comment

Ok everyone took my 2012 Tige Z3 to the dealership they ran the diagnostics and have informed me it’s a bad ECM. Ugh they didn’t have one in stock and now are trying to locate one. Hopefully they can get the boat back to normal before our awesome Oregon summer is gone. I’ll report back as to if it in fact is a failed ECM.

Comment

Any idea why the ECM failed and what the cost to replace will be?

Comment

Thanks for all the help everyone. Installed a new ECM $951 part and 2 hours of Labor. Boat runs awesome again. Thanks for all of your help! No idea why ECM failed PCM said they see that from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                    X