No announcement yet.

2003 22v Wont Start or Turn over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sounds like your starter or solenoid is bad. To bypass your neutral safety just take one wire off and screw it to the other wire on the safety switch. You just need to make contact with the two wires and would also make sure getting at least 12volts on the wire coming from the ignition switch.

Comment

Originally posted by LIL RED View Post
      This sounds like your starter or solenoid is bad. To bypass your neutral safety just take one wire off and screw it to the other wire on the safety switch. You just need to make contact with the two wires and would also make sure getting at least 12volts on the wire coming from the ignition switch.
      Hey, does anyone know of part number for the neutral safety switch for a 2008 22ve Marine power 340 hp?

Thank you

Comment

I cant remember right now what trans and vdrive the 340 used for sure, but this a a very common NSS.

https://www.bakesonline.com/sensor-i...ty-switch.html

You could also use the contact page at marineenginedepot.com
        Its the parts page for MP and they know their stuff.

Comment

Update after new ECU and a Summer of lake time. The boat run awesome but if you let the boat sit for more than 20-30 min the tach start the constant tone again and no function. After about 20-30 of running the boat tone stop and gauge begins to function properly.
          This is a CAN gauge and started checking all wiring but not having any luck finding the issue.
          I’ve called Faria to have the gauge checked out or even repaired but do not offer services on that gauge anymore.
          Does anyone know anyone that has one for sale or any opinions on the possible issues.

Comment

Originally posted by LIL RED View Post
            Update after new ECU and a Summer of lake time. The boat run awesome but if you let the boat sit for more than 20-30 min the tach start the constant tone again and no function. After about 20-30 of running the boat tone stop and gauge begins to function properly.
            This is a CAN gauge and started checking all wiring but not having any luck finding the issue.
            I’ve called Faria to have the gauge checked out or even repaired but do not offer services on that gauge anymore.
            Does anyone know anyone that has one for sale or any opinions on the possible issues.
            Call a dealer as soon as you can. There is one if not two left in stock. They are blue and not the silver color. XXC2806 Commander Tach/Hr
            Be sure to write down your hours. It will reset on the gauge with a new gauge. ECM does keep the actual hours though.
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks will do

Comment

Working...
              X