No announcement yet.

Performance upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just really love the room in our F24. Hard to go to a smaller bow. I don't think we would ever purchase a new Z boat. I don't need the stitching or big screen. I do like the power fold tower. I wonder what an R23 would be like with a 400 and 2:1? Is that possible? Are you going to be at our boat show next week?

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
      We just really love the room in our F24. Hard to go to a smaller bow. I don't think we would ever purchase a new Z boat. I don't need the stitching or big screen. I do like the power fold tower. I wonder what an R23 would be like with a 400 and 2:1? Is that possible? Are you going to be at our boat show next week?
      You can order the power tower (e2) on an R series as well. Just fyi. No idea on price difference between it and the m2 manual tower. As far as I can tell the m2 and e2 are the same basic frame, the e2 just has the pieces that fill in the cutout space and the bases are a bit different, and of course power folding.
      I would bet that getting the 2:1 in a z3 would be doable, but who knows. Kinda doubt they would want to put one in an r23, but it's all pure speculation. One this is for sure, if you optioned the e2 on an r23 and they let you option a 2:1, the price is going to start creeping up into new z3 price range, so the savings you normally get by going to an r series would be a lot less.

Comment

e2 tower is right around 5k.....

2/1 is not an option and wont be to my knowledge.
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Let me ask a simple question. Why hasn’t any mfr tried to use a transfer case, similar to a 4x4 hi-lo case? Not to shift in motion, but choose a hi or low gear range. Seems like a perfect solution for a powerful tow or a cruise with reasonable speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brianrzr View Post
            Let me ask a simple question. Why hasn’t any mfr tried to use a transfer case, similar to a 4x4 hi-lo case? Not to shift in motion, but choose a hi or low gear range. Seems like a perfect solution for a powerful tow or a cruise with reasonable speed.
            MB did a 2 speed transmission. Don't believe they had a ton of luck with it. Believe it was a ZF trans but I would have to see the one we service to remember. Its also been done in the performance world in other applications
            https://www.speedonthewater.com/new-...oser-look.html

Comment

Drag boats have been using two speeds forever. I always knew to hang on as tight as possible when my uncle would turn his hat backwards and grab the shifter.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brianrzr View Post
                I would love to see that! Who knows with all the new surf boats hitting the market with massive ballast potential it may become a reality as the demand for low end performance and a decent cruise speed converges.

Comment

Working...
                X