Tige Touch profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige Touch profiles

At what point does the TAPS setting in a profile actually get set? I'm having issues with speedset where it is not engaging so I thought I'd try a profile. I'm not even sure the ballast are filling when activated.

What year and model is your boat?
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

On my Tige Touch 1 (2013), the TAPS starts to move once the boat gets close to its destined speed. It typically starts at 1 and moves once you get underway. I think it is a pretty sweet feature of it actually. Helps when you are really sacked out.

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
        What year and model is your boat?
        2011 RZ4

I just changed out a broken paddlewheel. For speedset to work am I suppose to go full throttle with it set to ON for it to engage?

Comment

If the system is activated (green I believe) you give it full throttle or at least more throttle than what it takes to get to that speed. It should hold. If you are seeing speed on the speedo, most likely the paddle wheel is working properly.
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

One thing I really don't like about the Tige You profile settings is that it's not clear when it becomes engaged or disengaged. It appears to be tie to the speed set function, but it's not explained anywhere. I also find if I make changes to the Tige You profile (i.e. alter the TAPS setting), the update won't "stick". I've yet to find a way to accurately and consistently use Tige You.

But as Koolaid says, the speed control has a giant green ON when it is engaged.

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
              If the system is activated (green I believe) you give it full throttle or at least more throttle than what it takes to get to that speed. It should hold. If you are seeing speed on the speedo, most likely the paddle wheel is working properly.
              The SpeedSet "ON" indicator goes green if I hit "On" I think that just means not Off and will engage (supposedly) upon reached speed.

The full throttle bit kinda sucks for wake surfers who like a slow pull up. How do I set it once the desired speed is reached?

Comment

Set it first then throttle up to the speed. You don't have to slam it to WOT.
                Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                X