No announcement yet.

2008 Tige 22VE Throttle Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so I Only read the first few posts about the throttle not working and didn't realize there was a buzzer goin off so it might not be the potentiometer. Might check with bill at waterskispecialty.com in Denver co. He is very knowledgable on this type issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy1833 View Post
      Any luck with your throttle problem? I'm stranded with an 07 20V. I bought a new TPS and I'm looking for some tips on the installation. Any help would be appreciated.
      My issue ended up being the PPS sensor behind the throttle lever as well as a loose wire in the engine bay causing the limp mode. I installed the PPS myself, but ended up having a shop calibrate it for me. Solved for now. My 06 has the extra computer module for the drive by wire throttle and it has issues with being sensitive to voltage differences between batteries. There is a way to re-wire it. I am not sure if this change in 07. I think it did. Describe what's happening in more detail and I might be able to give you more ideas.

Comment

Majestic. I have the same issue and would love the diagram. I had heard of such a thing but have never heard of anyone having diagram for such. If you could send diagram to cccornwall@bresnan.net that would be great. Just finished waterless weekend and want to be out for a great 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by Gr8Wake View Post
          Majestic. I have the same issue and would love the diagram. I had heard of such a thing but have never heard of anyone having diagram for such. If you could send diagram to cccornwall@bresnan.net that would be great. Just finished waterless weekend and want to be out for a great 4th.
          I will send but in my situation I wasted a lot of time chasing what I thought was a wiring or battery issue and the sensor was the fix.

Comment

I recently had the same issue on a 2008 20i. will do the battery thing this weekend. THANKS! Anyone know how to silence (or mute it down) the ignition beeper when you first turn the key on... it is deafening

Comment

Originally posted by Tslyck View Post
              I recently had the same issue on a 2008 20i. will do the battery thing this weekend. THANKS! Anyone know how to silence (or mute it down) the ignition beeper when you first turn the key on... it is deafening
              I wired in a switch for the buzzer. We had to listen to the damn thing so much before I replaced the sensor. It is really ear-piercing! It is located under the dash and is round, black and about 1 to 1.5" in diameter. I tried taping around it with insulation tape, but it didn't make it any quieter. Replacing it with a really bright light on the dash would be a good fix too.

Comment

Replace the potentiometer behind the throttle lever $100 part. Guaranteed to fix issue. Mine did last summer.

OK, I am experiencing same on my 07 22Ve. JLG, Could I ask where and part number or referenced potentiometer please?

Comment

Originally posted by teachercop View Post
                  Replace the potentiometer behind the throttle lever $100 part. Guaranteed to fix issue. Mine did last summer.

OK, I am experiencing same on my 07 22Ve. JLG, Could I ask where and part number or referenced potentiometer please?

I got mine from bill at WWS out of Denver waterskispecialty.com. he will ship directly to you. Some places might try to ship the whole throttle lever etc but bill will send you only what you need so contact him. You should only need the potentiometer and its an easy fix. If you install and continue to have issues with the cruise control part you might want to contact eddie at marine power and ask him to flash your ecm and he should do at no charge other than shipping. The part of it not throttling up and if you shut it off and it works a time or two then it is the potentiometer most likely. Mine had several issues and took me awhile to figure out. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X