No announcement yet.

Warning alarm and no throttle at low RPM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 2006 20v with the Marine Power engine and having similar problems. Today it happened 3 times within 15 minutes while on the lake. It happens at all speeds, but seems to occurred when I hit a wave. The alarm sounds and lose power. The boat remains on in idle, but I have to turn off and restart. I called the Tige dealer in Corona and they thought it was probably a lose ground somewhere. I've looked at them and they appear fine. Please help?????

Comment

Well, for those interested, I finally fixed the problem. It did turn out to be the potentiometer. The potentiometer is held on by only 2 screws on the 06 tige 20i. The thing is, the screw holes on the potentiometer are slotted so it can be mounted either forward or back. I had it mounted about right in the middle. As soon as I slid the potentiometer back (only about 1/4 of an inch), it stopped doing it... I was told by Tige service that it was a "plug and play" type of deal and that it couldn't be adjusted. They were wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by dom w. forte View Post
        There is a cam lever on the shifter that keeps the pps from moving until the shifter is in gear, if the pps moves while going in gear it can trip a code 81 and go into limp mode.
        The lever is adjustable and has to be adjusted so as to not move the pps until shifter moves all the way into gear, this needs to be done with a digital volt meter to watch for any voltage change while moving shifter into gear.
        Can anyone explain the process to check the PPS with a volt meter. Trying to narrow down the issue I was having over the weekend.

Thanks for the help

Comment

I see this is an old thread, but we are having the same type of issue on our newly acquired 2006 22VE. I'm going to make a list of the "possible causes" from this thread and give it to the mechanic as it's in the shop this week.

More details about our situation: Only has happened at surf speeds. It happened this weekend both when pulling up a surfer and while just surfing. We will be going along and all of sudden the alarm sounds and it cuts power (which as I'm understanding is not limp mode...limp mode we would still have a little speed, right?). This basically forces it into neutral (but the throttle is till in "go position") and it's stuck there until you turn off the ignition, reset the throttle to neutral and restart. But it will restart right away and go just fine.

Is there any new information anyone is aware of. Or have any of you who were on this thread originally found a solution other than those listed here?

TIA!

Comment

Working...
          X