New Boat Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Boat Cover

Where is the best place to get a new boat cover? I bought my boat used, and it came with a gray cover, says TIGE on it, and has the cutouts for the tower, so I can put it on even with the tower up. Well it's old and rotted, it tore last year, I had it fixed, and now its tearing in 3 different places. It's just old and worn out, time for a new one. I'd like to get the same one, or one just like it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    2000 Tige Fox Edition
    21V

You may want to try a local canvas shop. You can get the exact fit and possibly chearper.

Comment

I'm about due for a new cover. Am going to check this place out. Someone said this company used to be Rankin.....

http://www.evolutioncovers.com/Covercrafts.php

Comment

I had an evolution cover on my old boat. It was awesome. 60 mph down the highway all day long. Didn't even budge, not a mark on the boat. It sealed up nicely around the tower too and and didnt leak. I would highly recomend...

Comment

Originally posted by MRMoffat1 View Post
          I'm about due for a new cover. Am going to check this place out. Someone said this company used to be Rankin.....

I believe that Evolution ended up with the Rankin templates and, perhaps, the person starting Evolution used to be with Rankin.

If so, I love my Rankin cover -- snug and towable. I have a few points of gel coat fine scratching on bow and two pressure points on the sides of the bow. But they will come out with some polish (in a week or two in fact). So to the extent that Evolution is similar/same as a Rankin cover, I strongly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
            I believe that Evolution ended up with the Rankin templates and, perhaps, the person starting Evolution used to be with Rankin.

If so, I love my Rankin cover -- snug and towable. I have a few points of gel coat fine scratching on bow and two pressure points on the sides of the bow. But they will come out with some polish (in a week or two in fact). So to the extent that Evolution is similar/same as a Rankin cover, I strongly recommend it.
            Cory at Evolution used to be with Rankin and from what I have heard the covers have only got better. Cory patched a hole in my Tige cover that happened at the dealer and I will be buying a new cover from him in the spring.

Comment

It looks like they do group buys with 4 or more covers. Might be something to throw out there!

Comment

Anyone ever seen a cover with shock cord gathers around the tower legs? My factory Tige cover has HUGE openings around the legs that let in things like leaves, etc. It's a mess to clean up. Just an idea....

Comment

My buddy had velcro stitched onto the tower leg holes to fix that problem. I have been using safety pins on mine. My boat moves indoors next week and then I will take the cover home and do the same thing. Just lets way too much junk in!

Comment

Let us know what the pricing is, none on the website.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
                      My buddy had velcro stitched onto the tower leg holes to fix that problem. I have been using safety pins on mine. My boat moves indoors next week and then I will take the cover home and do the same thing. Just lets way too much junk in!
                      I'm going to inspect mine and see if it would be possible to thread some shock cord around the seam there. That would be an easy improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by skippabcool View Post
                        You may want to try a local canvas shop. You can get the exact fit and possibly chearper.
                        Called a couple the other day, they are a bit more expensive than I thought they would be. I was quoted between 500 - 700. Granted, I wasn't trying to cheap out, those prices were for nice covers, with straps and everything.

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
                        It looks like they do group buys with 4 or more covers. Might be something to throw out there!
                        I'd buy one if the price was right.
                        2000 Tige Fox Edition
                        21V

Comment

Originally posted by BK. View Post
                          Called a couple the other day, they are a bit more expensive than I thought they would be. I was quoted between 500 - 700. Granted, I wasn't trying to cheap out, those prices were for nice covers, with straps and everything.

I'd buy one if the price was right.
                          Let me know if you get serious about a group buy. I am looking to get a new cover in the spring. I will probably just use my existing cover and then throw a giant tarp over it for the winter.

Comment

I ordered a cover for my AVY from Rankin in March of 09, a few months before they closed.
                            By the end of the season in 09 I had a small hole in the cover that was created from my ski pylon. Rankin did not put a protective patch there like I had on my previous 22V.
                            Since Rankin folded up shop I gave Cory at Evolution a call and he fixed my cover at no cost. I tried to pay him but he would not take a payment.
                            I cannot say enough good things about him and would not hesitate to buy a cover from him.
                            Bottom line is you get what you pay for and the Evolution covers are the best, PERIOD.
                            Formertigeowners.com
                            I used to be a member in the past.

Comment

RZ4 black cover

I have a new black cover that I dont need anymore as I sold my 2008 rz4. ITs for the e tower series. Has the platform cover as well. PM me for pictures. asking $300 shipped.

Comment

Working...
                              X